Phone Mount Setups & Bluetooth integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Mount Setups & Bluetooth integration

I am curious about your setups with phone mounts and music/bluetooth integration. I am aware of the BlueBus thread but I am reading about some weird glitches with it needing to be power cycled and draining batteries and whatnot...

Right now I just have the CD player and factory AUX input port in my glovebox. All I want is to sync bluetooth with my phone to the car so I don't need to plug in the cable. I have found plenty of these adapters on Amazon that are a Bluetooth receiver with a 3.5mm output. The problem is they're all battery powered for some reason. I would like something more hardwired in. It would be nice to control the track but not strictly necessary.

I also am curious what phone mount setups you guys are using - it is hard for me to find something that is easy to reach without blocking the ratio/climate controls or windshield visibility.

I have had the bluebus since the beginning w/o any issues -- not sure why some folks get battery drains, etc. Ted is amazing and extremely helpful.
    I have the proclip mount with wireless charging mounted to the right side of the nav radio and still hangs on during trackdays so i'm happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zivagolee View Post
      I have had the bluebus since the beginning w/o any issues -- not sure why some folks get battery drains, etc. Ted is amazing and extremely helpful.
      I have the proclip mount with wireless charging mounted to the right side of the nav radio and still hangs on during trackdays so i'm happy with it.
      Any pics?

Comment

running an avin4 wired directly to the vehicle (audio harness deleted). exclusively use android auto for media/navi

used to run a rennline phone mount but wasn't a fan of how non-integrated it looked without a phone on it. that, and my pixel XL was a little too heavy for the magnet

nowadays i just plug in my phone and rest it on the center console or passenger seat while driving

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Any pics?
          No pics but here's an in-car video:

Comment

+1 for Rennline for phone mount. I bought a larger magnetic pad on Amazon and swapped out the stock one Rennline gave me which is smaller so my iPhone 14 Pro (which has magsafe magnets on the back) could be held by the mount without a case that has a magnetic plate in it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5397.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	229884

Picture of the magnet pad - the bracket tucks behind the dash trim and is held in by a screw. Super clean (and sturdy) setup.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	229885
            '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

The panavise phone mount works well for me. I mounted a large ball mount so I can switch easily between my phone mount and garmin for track days.

This bluetooth has reasonably good sound for the price and it's what I use with the factory aux input. You can modify to hardwire with an adapter if you wanted to. I almost bought a bluebus but I figured I could buy multiple replacements of these instead. Lol (so far it has lasted 3 years without major issue, just slight buzzing from low sound but goes away when I plug and unplug to reconnect).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
                +1 for Rennline for phone mount. I bought a larger magnetic pad on Amazon and swapped out the stock one Rennline gave me which is smaller so my iPhone 14 Pro (which has magsafe magnets on the back) could be held by the mount without a case that has a magnetic plate in it.

Name:	IMG_5397.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	229884

Picture of the magnet pad - the bracket tucks behind the dash trim and is held in by a screw. Super clean (and sturdy) setup.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	229885
                Woah woah hold up - what do you have going on in front of your shifter with the USB ports and whatnot?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Woah woah hold up - what do you have going on in front of your shifter with the USB ports and whatnot?
                  Dynavin E46 HVAC Relocation Bracket with 2 USBs

Purchased that relocation bracket as part of my Avin Avant 4 head unit install. I run the USB connections on the back of the head unit and apple car play dongle to those ports. USB connection and Apple Car Play connection to match the little icons next to the ports.

Start at 12:35 if the video doesn't skip to it to see how to transfer your cigarette lighter components and plug everything in.

Comment

No bluebus battery drain issues I'm aware of-- ran it in my M5 for... 5 years, now?

Bluebus is THE answer, if you want to integrate bluetooth into the factory setup. Nothing else comes close.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I'm running the BlueBus in mine for the last 2 years with no issues. Also using a mix between a panavise arm and an extra strong magnet (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1).

Works great
                      Attached Files

Comment

iPhone user here, snap it to the magnet while ignition is on and it starts charging. A little double sided tape and a spacer to lift it up and it works great

Name:	IMG_3301.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	229959 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3533.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	229958
                        ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Dynavin E46 HVAC Relocation Bracket with 2 USBs

Purchased that relocation bracket as part of my Avin Avant 4 head unit install. I run the USB connections on the back of the head unit and apple car play dongle to those ports. USB connection and Apple Car Play connection to match the little icons next to the ports.

Start at 12:35 if the video doesn't skip to it to see how to transfer your cigarette lighter components and plug everything in.

Can you use this even if you don’t relocate the HVAC? As in, leave the HVAC but still use this in concert with the sunglasses bin?

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

Can you use this even if you don’t relocate the HVAC? As in, leave the HVAC but still use this in concert with the sunglasses bin?
                            I don't see why not. The HVAC opening and sunglasses opening are the same dimensions so I I believe it should fit just fine.

Comment

I don't see why not. The HVAC opening and sunglasses opening are the same dimensions so I I believe it should fit just fine.
                              I don't think they're the exact same dimensions, otherwise there wouldn't be two different BMW trim pieces (one for the single din CD unit and one for nav).
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X