Best Transmission Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sev View Post
    oh man i just dumped out the synchromax and put the OE MTF in. What a difference. Gears engage so much smoother even when cold. I no longer feel like I have to force it in and the feel is much improved.
    Most fluids are pretty decent these days... but Royal Purple is junk.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

total junk.

Comment

Based on what if you can share?

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
          Based on what if you can share?
          Because I said so

Comment

Amasoil did some testing a couple of years ago. Yes, it鈥檚 competitor, but they did they entire field of products. Royal Purple was in a league of their own for poor performance.

Pllus stupid things like detergents that鈥檚 break down loctite (which led to multiple diff failures on e36s).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

man i wish i knew. i thought it was good stuff when i put it in my trans. i hope i didnt damage anything

Comment

Originally posted by Redline View Post

Because I said so

Redline WOULD say something like that about Royal Purp 馃槄

People only buy it because they like the color.

Since MTF-2 is NLA, what would be the next best oil available that is currently produced? BMW鈥檚 current standard MTF?

Comment

You can still buy mtf Lt2 from ecs.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I will leave this here, I am not defending RP, nor really interested in using it, but I have to say I found this interesting and attractive to say the least.

Measurement of abrasion on brass roller lubricated with engine oil at 50°c, using Timken method.Misurazione dell' abrasione su rullo di ottone lubrificato co...

This guy has other oils tests and the performance in this test was pretty outstanding. How can it be so bad?

Comment

Don't even need to click, those youtube "tests" are suspect.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                        This guy has other oils tests and the performance in this test was pretty outstanding. How can it be so bad?
                        It's not that bad. But the Pentosin works really well in our E46s. Heck even MadRussian said Royal Purple was good.

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I used a mixture of 2/3rd Redline heavyweight shockproof and 1/3rd Redline lightweight shockproof to try to help with the chatter on a 10lb flywheel. Chatter was better than the newish oem fluid that was in it before. Haven't had any issues or noticed any difference in shifting. I have heard its not great for the syncros which I believe but when I changed it after 10k miles there wasn't any material in the oil. Wouldn't say I recommend since it is probably bad in the long term but just throwing it out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X