Help identify component on M3 DME circuit board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify component on M3 DME circuit board

I am helping someone troubleshoot their DME. With 12v applied to X60001 pin7 (terminal 30), no current consumption, then in addition with 12v is applied to X60004 pin26 (key turned on) the said device started to draw 0.7A (about 8watts) and getting hot. There is no marking on the power device on the board (circled lower left) -- could be wiped off from cleaning process. Do anyone know the part number of that device?

Also have a question about the injector drivers on red circled top row devices: the 5 devices on the right with marking A2C11827 ATM36N made by ST Micro. The other 2 devices on the left are TY940B6DH ATM38 by Freescale. why only 5 or two to drive 6 injector solenoids?

I searched and couldn't find the datasheet for both parts.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	971.4 KB ID:	231792
    Last edited by sapote; 09-02-2023, 10:30 PM.

They said the board was damaged during removal of a battery booster after the engine started and running. I think the disconnection of the booster caused a load dump which created over 35v on the normal 12v system and fried a 35v bypass capacitor and also this hot device. The MCU not running and I suspect the 12v to 5v regulator circuit was fried, but looking at the component I can't find the 5v regulator circuit. I don't believe it used a linear 5v reg as this generates too much heat, so it must have a switching reg which must has inductor coil and power diode, but I have not located it yet. Weird.
    Last edited by sapote; 09-01-2023, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Anyone with a spare M3 DME please open the cover and check if the 7pin chip at lower left red circled has the part number you can read.
      Thank you.

Comment

Looked through some of my pictures and found this from an MSS54HP:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220605_111959.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	233162

Looks like part number is TLE4267G. Digikey seems to stock them
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
        X