Favorite sunshades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite sunshades

Do you guys have any recommendations for sunshades? I prefer the folding style (like the OE ones made by Covercraft) over the roll up style typically.

I tried to order 82111470411 but it doesn’t fit a coupe it seems. Turner says it fits the M3 but FCP and RealOEM say sedan E46 only and don’t list one for coupes. Oh well...
    Last edited by r4dr; 05-11-2020, 02:16 PM.
    '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

You can buy the Covercraft branded variant. Won't say BMW on it, but it fits https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Crap, I just bought the 411 part number recently. Guess it’s going back ..

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
        You can buy the Covercraft branded variant. Won't say BMW on it, but it fits https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        The first review in that Amazon listing says it doesnt really fit the e46 M3 that well. If you want 100% glass coverage, just get the BMW one.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

The first review in that Amazon listing says it doesnt really fit the e46 M3 that well. If you want 100% glass coverage, just get the BMW one.
          I own it. It covers the full thing

I also own the BMW one. It does not cover the full thing in a coupe.

Comment

I actually end up using one cheap ass from amazon coz it is so long it covers a part of side glass and keeps the steering wheel in shade when sun moves.
            My OEM one went to e90 where it fits better.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post

I own it. It covers the full thing

I also own the BMW one. It does not cover the full thing in a coupe.
              It's strange, the other review below that one says it fits an M3 perfectly fine. I'll give this a shot, thanks.

Comment

Interesting that is says it doesn't fit the Coupes. Because I'm looking at two Genuine BMW 3 Series Accessories catalogs from the E46 years and it states:
                P/N 82111470411 "Fits All 3 Series Models".
                I had one for over 10 years. Loved it until it started to flake the silver paint off. I would buy from FCP Euro so you have Lifetime warranty.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
                  Interesting that is says it doesn't fit the Coupes. Because I'm looking at two Genuine BMW 3 Series Accessories catalogs from the E46 years and it states:
                  P/N 82111470411 "Fits All 3 Series Models".
                  I had one for over 10 years. Loved it until it started to flake the silver paint off. I would buy from FCP Euro so you have Lifetime warranty.
                  How old is the catalog? Coupe came after the sedan, right?

RealOEM matches FCP: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...411&series=E46

Weird mystery, I wish it fit because I have it sitting in my house right now.

Comment

Covercraft Coupe Part vs BMW Sedan p/n (Sedan piece is sitting on top of the coupe piece)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079.JPG
Views:	625
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	23763

Comment

+1 for Covercraft on Amazon

I got one a few months back and they raised the price immediately after . It fits the coupe perfectly and I actually like how it does not say BMW on it.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
                        How old is the catalog? Coupe came after the sedan, right?
                        RealOEM matches FCP: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...411&series=E46
                        Weird mystery, I wish it fit because I have it sitting in my house right now.
                        When I said I got them during the E46 years I meant during the E46 production. Back cover says 2003 and 2005.
                        And yes the Coupe came after the sedan release.
                        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Using the BMW one for decades and its about time i replaced it. I did order the sedan one though. Might have to see if it fits the Golf R and order the amazon one.

Comment

Wow, didn't know there was a difference.
                            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Yo, I hear you prefer the folding-style sunshades over the roll-up ones. They seem way more convenient, ya know? If you're still on the hunt for an excellent folding sunshade, you should definitely check out Snap Shades. They're a dope brand for car sunshades, offering a few different folding options that might work for you. But Snap Shades will have something that's a better fit for your car. Anyway, good luck with your search for the perfect sunshade! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other car-related questions. We're all here to help each other out.
                              Last edited by NoelGallagher; 02-27-2023, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X