Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering M3 Parts: How Is It That ECS Stays In Business ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
    I thought ECS was short for Excellent Customer Service ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	81dbg0.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	236472

Comment

LOL Alert !!!

I received a routine TrustPilot request for a review of this problem order. I suppose that ECS uses TrustPilot and feeds them my email address (THANKS ECS!) for the review.

So I do a fair, non-emotional review of the problem and my views as a customer that had a problem and received far-from-reasonable assistance when I called ECS about it. Nothing scathing. No bad words.

Now I have received an email from TrustPilot saying that ECS is demanding that I back it up/provide more data and is threatening to force my TrustPilot review to be taken down if I don't accede to ECS demands within 3 days.

Hey - thanks ECS!

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
        Now I have received an email from TrustPilot saying that ECS is demanding that I back it up/provide more data and is threatening to force my TrustPilot review to be taken down if I don't accede to ECS demands within 3 days.
        Wow. They can do that?
        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
        Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
        Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          I thought ECS was short for Excellent Customer Service ?
          Enema Chili Swallowers, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
            Wow. They can do that?
            TrustPilot says so themselves. I'll guess that since ECS is providing my email address to TrustPilot - then ECS is PAYING TrustPilot for a service. So who do we guess TrustPilot will always see as their paying customer and defer to their whims? That seems to be the way this is shaping up.

I'm waiting for the "ECS says it never happened/doesn't know you/thinks you dress funny- so we are taking down your troublesome review" (that we asked for) email.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post

TrustPilot says so themselves. I'll guess that since ECS is providing my email address to TrustPilot - then ECS is PAYING TrustPilot for a service. So who do we guess TrustPilot will always see as their paying customer and defer to their whims? That seems to be the way this is shaping up.

I'm waiting for the "ECS says it never happened/doesn't know you/thinks you dress funny- so we are taking down your troublesome review" (that we asked for) email.
              Interesting.

Any skin off your back if they do that? Like, would they deprecate your future reviews or something?
              2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
              Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
              Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Originally posted by IamFODI View Post
                Interesting.

Any skin off your back if they do that? Like, would they deprecate your future reviews or something?

No - it would validate TrustPilot as an untrusted source of "Pay for good reviews" business though. At least to me. I'll see how this plays out.

Comment

I'm going to chime in with a recent positive ECS experience. Put in a small--cost and size--order last week. All but one part, a Gen BMW piece, in stock; 3 day ETA on the out of stock piece. 3 days go by, I get an auto email about the delay, and the next day a real person is emailing explaining the situation and offering to ship in stock immediately. Ended up doing that, and other item shipped late. So, this is the second time this happened, and ECS was on top of it. So, take it for what it's worth, this time they were great.

Comment

Clearly the amount of positive experiences will outnumber the negatives otherwise they wouldn't even actually be in business so I don't think it adds any value to the argument of how many people they've screwed.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

To the original question, I think they stay in business by merging with FCP Euro or being acquired by someone else betting on the auto parts space. JPM has already placed its bet here ... https://www.superbcrew.com/fcp-euro-...-boost-growth/

maw

Comment

ECS lost me over a $50 order that I had to dispute. Spent over $15k with them through the years but I actively avoid them at all costs now.

Their customer service department needs to be given the ability to fix things rather than simply quote policy.

After I disputed that one order they had UPS intercept another package I had that was in town and being processed for delivery. They told me if I still wanted it then I’d have to pay for it via wire. If they hadn’t done that I’d consider still using them but that was a little much.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          ECS lost me over a $50 order that I had to dispute. Spent over $15k with them through the years but I actively avoid them at all costs now.

Their customer service department needs to be given the ability to fix things rather than simply quote policy.

After I disputed that one order they had UPS intercept another package I had that was in town and being processed for delivery. They told me if I still wanted it then I’d have to pay for it via wire. If they hadn’t done that I’d consider still using them but that was a little much.
                          Wow, thats absolutely ridiculous on their part.

Comment

Ordered front strut tower reinforcement plate “kit” from there…..last night at 11pm in the middle of replacing my shocks I noticed they sent me two left side plates ……smh!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X