Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering M3 Parts: How Is It That ECS Stays In Business ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering M3 Parts: How Is It That ECS Stays In Business ?

As we consider where to order M3 parts, I have a question: How is it that ECS can stay in business with so-called "Customer service" as bad as it is?

Admission/Self Blame: I was dumb enough to order an part for my M3 from ECS last week. FCP, my usual go-to, didn't have it in stock. My bad.

They shipped Fedex. Fedex delivered it somewhere else. I call ECS. The guy I spoke to said that its up to me to go to Fedex and find the part because "If we (ECS) do it, it going to be a lot of work and we may have to fill out a claim form and stuff like that".

Me: "ECS chose Fedex, have a contract with them, gave them the item and paid them to deliver it. So you want me to do your work for you and try to fix this problem myself?

ECS CS: "Yes"

Me: You understand that is sarcasm.

ECS CS: "Yes"

Me: "I give up. I'll go do your job for you. I would thank you but you've done absolutely nothing for me in this call."

I take full blame for trusting ECS with an order. ECS "Customer Service" is neither: It has no regard for the customer and provides no service to that customer. Don't make my mistake.

ETA Update: I'm still trying to get the part. Fedex is like the 3 Stooges. They know where it was delivered and won't say where that is.

ETA II: I have the part after playing Merry Go 'Round with ECS and Fedex. ECS makes you do all the legwork with Fedex for days. Fedex looks into it (ha!). Then back to ECS. Then back to Fedex. Then an "Investigation". The ECS re-ships. Good grief.
    Last edited by Estoril; 09-26-2023, 01:05 PM.

Whenever I've contacted ECS in the past it sounds like I am chatting with some young kid.

Comment

Holy crap...

Comment

File a dispute with your credit card. That will get their attention. You might not be able to order from them again though.

FedEx won't even let the recipient fill out the claim form. Shipper has to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
          As we consider where to order M3 parts, I have a question: How is it that ECS can stay in business with so-called "Customer service" as bad as it is?
          Monopoly.

They just screwed up an order for my father. Sent the wrong MAF sensor.

Comment

Ordered Brey-Krause slider release mechanisms 8/17. Said it would ship in a week. Still hasn't shipped. Haven't bothered to complain yet since I'm not in a hurry for the parts.
            2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
            Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
            Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Why ECS Tuning Sucks is a popular Facebook group for a reason.

Also, I refuse to support anything in Ohio.

Place blows.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Recently ordered a fender for an e36 as it was on sale/clearance. What a mistake that was. 1st fender arrived, box was in Perfect condition but the inner wrapping around the fender was opened up at that damaged spot (large fist size dent) , so they knowingly shipped out a damaged item .
                They then sent me a replacement and I asked for a manager to inspect the packaging before shipping out. Of course it again came damaged and yet again the box was in perfect condition.
                They asked if I wanted a discount for my troubles and I said yes, and then emailed me saying the sale price was my “special price” for all the dented SS exhausts issues I purchased in the
                past and this dented fender. Told them it makes no sense, take back the fender, send another packing slip and give me full refund or I will dispute this with my CC. They sent the packing slip 3 days later after I gave a poor review of the CS rep
                I will never give them another shot and shop there again.

Comment

Did ECS give them the wrong address or did FedEx have the correct address and deliver to another residence? If FedEx delivered to another residence and they were given the correct address then yeah ECS isn't going to do anything about that.

However, neither will FCP. I ordered gaskets and UPS (not fedex) delivered to the wrong address. I call FCP, and say hey I didn't get my parts and the tracking says delivered. FCP says is this your address? I say yep. They say UPS screwed up so contact them.

Another tale along similar lines. I was in the first group buy on Rene's (through the GB dude) diffuser. Rene packages it up like a three year old and must have had it delivered via the Grinch with his lone dog pulling the sleigh through the mountains, and guess who had to handle everything because of damage due to improper packaging? Me.... They all suck. It such a dilemma that Rene could be selling water in the Mojave and I wouldn't buy it.
                  Last edited by oceansize; 09-18-2023, 11:45 AM.
                  3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
                    Ordered Brey-Krause slider release mechanisms 8/17. Said it would ship in a week. Still hasn't shipped. Haven't bothered to complain yet since I'm not in a hurry for the parts.
                    Good luck. I received my slider releasers from ECS a few months back but one side showed up opened, used and without the return springs. Waited for a replacement for weeks before canceling the replacement order and just sending both back.

I had the one side installed for a bit and it feels cheap. Electric sliders are worth the 1-2 pound weight penalty IMO.

Comment

I can say my last ECS order was last October--they got it right but I had some small issue with availability--I think it was swaybar bushings or something--and they worked it out. Last week my friend ordered a rear console cover for his M roadster and it shows up, in a cardboard box. No bag, wrapper, bubble wrap, nothing. The cardboard scuffed the finish.

Ever since ECS, Pelican and Turner were bought out, they've gone down hill IMO--I've dealt with them all pre/post buyout. I now go FCP, GetBMWParts or my local dealer surprisingly (having a real person on the other side of a counter has paid off in advice, free parts, and a good relationship). Now lately I've tried ZNM Performance with overall good results--a few minor issues, but they appear to have a true lifetime warranty (buy the part, it breaks, you send it back, and they give you a replacement is how I read it) and, they are responsive when something happens. I'm working on two other avenues overseas at the moment.

Comment

Surprisingly about 90% of business owners don't know how to run a business.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I still just don't have any issues with ECS/Turners, IDK if you guys are bad luck or what.

I did order a Powerflex part from Turners, and the wrong part showed up, in the right box. 3 different times.

They sent me a return slip for all 3, and I sent the wrong parts back and have yet to receive the parts I ordered... but I figured they need to get them from Powerflex, so I'm not really stressing. I see the open order on Turner's website.
                          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Use ECS only if desperate and also if you get option do not use fedex pay extra if needed

Comment

I’ve ordered from ECS and never had an issue. FCP is my go-to since they have a better reputation and they’re closer to me so the parts arrive quicker.

The only issue I have on the FCP side is some of the parts that were delivered to me look like they sat on a shelf for a LONG time. Headlight lenses with hairline scratches that looked dull, oil filters in crushed packaging, radiators with messed up fins, etc. They made it right each time and even overnighted the radiator to me.

I would point blame at the shipping company here. I personally like FedEx better than UPS. USPS is better at finding lost or mis-delivered packages.

A little off topic:
                              I do have a wholesale account at my local BMW dealership and I have to say I would rather take the chance and buy OEM parts on eBay than the dealer. Most of the parts employees are usually pissed off most of the time and are miserable. I almost always end up bumping heads with them when I give them part numbers off realoem. This is why I stick to online ordering strictly. I won’t even purchase wipers at the dealership because of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X