Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordering M3 Parts: How Is It That ECS Stays In Business ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digger View Post
    Use ECS only if desperate and also if you get option do not use fedex pay extra if needed
    Yeah, pretty much. I've had more issues than trouble free transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Yeah, pretty much. I've had more issues than trouble free transactions.
      ECS better hope this lifetime replacement point system works out for them. It sounds like they’re on thin ice.

In other news, the good-guys at Bimmerworld seem to be holding it together. Keep sending me those free candies 🍬

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post

ECS better hope this lifetime replacement point system works out for them. It sounds like they’re on thin ice.

In other news, the good-guys at Bimmerworld seem to be holding it together. Keep sending me those free candies 🍬
        I stopped going to Bimmerworld after they forgot my water pump gasket. FCP is the only one that hasn't let me down yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post

I stopped going to Bimmerworld after they forgot my water pump gasket. FCP is the only one that hasn't let me down yet.
          You're in CT. Is FCP close enough for you to do will-call and pick up?

Comment

I could, but I don't bother. They're about an hour from me. I get the free or cheapest shipping option and it typically arrives next day or two.

Comment

I could write an essay on this. Just posting this for now to subscribe, and come back to it. Having dealt with these companies, I've seen the internal culture. I'll share my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                I could write an essay on this. Just posting this for now to subscribe, and come back to it. Having dealt with these companies, I've seen the internal culture. I'll share my perspective.
                If you start selling basic maintenance parts without posting pricing, I swear to God dude lol.
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I've had to buy from everyone in the past 3 months because I'm new to the E46 game and partially a crackhead for fixing things that aren't broken, and I'm in the ECS hasn't screwed me yet crowd.

Ultimately, all of our experiences are just a few data points in the grand scheme of things, and it's hard to extrapolate the amount of successful transactions versus the ones with upset customers from the outside looking in...

Here are some screenshots of the small, but often orders I made from ECS...some from Turner as well and no issues there either now knowing they are essentially the same company?
                  Attached Files
                  /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

If you start selling basic maintenance parts without posting pricing, I swear to God dude lol.
                    Never! My plan is to shamelessly leverage the data you all shared with me to get their brands to offer year long discounts on everything along with superior service. The recap is here. It's out of their process but I am getting there.

The upside for them is to gain access to long term owners and big spenders - and develop customer retention. It's absolutely maddening the amount of money these companies spend on various pay per click advertisements only to engage in stupid price wars than end up driving the prices up anyways because Google is driving up advertising prices.

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                      I still just don't have any issues with ECS/Turners, IDK if you guys are bad luck or what.

I did order a Powerflex part from Turners, and the wrong part showed up, in the right box. 3 different times.

They sent me a return slip for all 3, and I sent the wrong parts back and have yet to receive the parts I ordered... but I figured they need to get them from Powerflex, so I'm not really stressing. I see the open order on Turner's website.
                      Lol, bruh, is this joke post?⁴

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

The upside for them is to gain access to long term owners and big spenders - and develop customer retention. It's absolutely maddening the amount of money these companies spend on various pay per click advertisements only to engage in stupid price wars than end up driving the prices up anyways because Google is driving up advertising prices.
                        I think this may be counterproductive for FCP. I’ve owned my e46 since 2005 and have been ordering from FCP since around 2015/2016. I’ve spent insane amounts of money with them but I’ve also utilized their lifetime replacement. Just alone with biennial fluid flushes I’ve managed to save in the thousands..

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post

I think this may be counterproductive for FCP. I’ve owned my e46 since 2005 and have been ordering from FCP since around 2015/2016. I’ve spent insane amounts of money with them but I’ve also utilized their lifetime replacement. Just alone with biennial fluid flushes I’ve managed to save in the thousands..
                          From chats with both of them, you are in the minority; a loyal long term owner is a very rare thing these days.

ECS / Turner has also started offering a lifetime replacement warranty. I suspect it's a direct counter to them switching to store credits to manage cost increases.

Comment

Name any retailer and you'll find people who dislike them. That is normal. Every business has issues sometimes.

Now, name a retailer where you find literally thousands of horror stories from all makes and models across the spectrum, then you know that retailer has toxic core issues as a company and you should avoid them.

Matt, I understand you have a good working relationship with some of the people over there. I would just be careful about getting too deeply associated with a company that has such a spotty customer service history. I'm not sure what your plan is as far as providing superior service compared to current ECS/Turner customer service (or maybe I misunderstood that comment) but that aspect probably needs to be explained very thoroughly if you want to gain people's confidence to the point of ponying up for a paid membership.
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                              Name any retailer and you'll find people who dislike them. That is normal. Every business has issues sometimes.

Now, name a retailer where you find literally thousands of horror stories from all makes and models across the spectrum, then you know that retailer has toxic core issues as a company and you should avoid them.

Matt, I understand you have a good working relationship with some of the people over there. I would just be careful about getting too deeply associated with a company that has such a spotty customer service history. I'm not sure what your plan is as far as providing superior service compared to current ECS/Turner customer service (or maybe I misunderstood that comment) but that aspect probably needs to be explained very thoroughly if you want to gain people's confidence to the point of ponying up for a paid membership.
                              You make great points.

I wish I could have both on board to be honest - and I tried, both pushed back during calls, evidently!​

My vantage point is from a mixed perspective of current paying customer and a punctual marketing partner with a vested interest in future partnership.

To be clear, my association with Turner is limited to a wholesale account and an assigned rep. Every products you've seen on my cars from Turner I've bought and never had sponsored - except this 200$ product I haven't offered as of now.

I've had wrong products shipped, delays pushed back, lost by UPS - the usual things. Over the last 3 years, any issues were, if my memory is straight, resolved on the same day, Tyler and James have been great.

Overall, what has made my experience probably above average to what I've heard has been the assigned rep, and I want this to be at the core of what ConnexPlus is. It's been the driving force to what I do with obscure European manufacturers.

I hope I can do the same with ECS / Turner - but it's a different beast, it's part why I've probably pushed back ConnexPlus so many times by now.

The further value I find in Turner is the go-to-source for everything: If I need a cart ranging from spherical arms, Genuine BMW parts, OE replacement part and a ultra niche CSL SKU, I know they'll have it. Heck, they'll even do tire & wheel packages if you ask them, they just have no idea how to market it. This is something I don't see FCP offering because they are catalogue limited by their warranty program.

We'll see how it plays out.

Comment

I have had terrible experiences with ECS. One time they said they had a part in stock on the website, then they kept pushing back the ship date because it turned out that they did not have the part and the manufacturer wasn't even producing them anymore. No contact from ECS at all until I contacted them to figure out what was going on.

Most recently I ordered tiny side grille badges and they sent them in a huge box. So much wasted paper and plastic for what could have been sent in an envelope. So stupid. It's indicative that just just have workers that don't give a fuck and no one actually making any decisions over there.

Bro send this in an envelope...

Comment

Working...
                                X