Referral Request: Gauge Cluster Repair Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
    Wish I had a business endeavor where I could treat [potential] customers this way 🤣
    Not really… but I hear you… the rest of us would be homeless and he may be soon.

I used to have an upholstery guy like that. He did amazing work at super cheap prices but you’d damn near need to come burning incense with a fatted calf to get him to do work. I wonder if he’s still in business. IDK because I just use someone else.

maw

Comment

I have replaced cluster stepper motors before on other e46 clusters, it is very easy to do. I bought new motors off of ebay. As long as you are able to solder this is an easy diy.

Comment

^^ yep they are very easy, i suggest get a cheap non m3 cluster and practice or even those cellphone shops can solder it really quick.

Comment

What cluster issues is everyone experiencing? I noticed my coolant temp gauge hardly sits in the middle anymore. Hovers between first dot and center I changed both sensors twice and my thermostat once. Maybe it's a cluster issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post
            What cluster issues is everyone experiencing? I noticed my coolant temp gauge hardly sits in the middle anymore. Hovers between first dot and center I changed both sensors twice and my thermostat once. Maybe it's a cluster issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            It most definitely is. The stepper motor sticks and the needle doesn’t get to perform its proper sweep. It is also known to not return to zero, making you think your car is overheating when it performs it’s sweep to reach what it thinks is the center line which is in fact the middle dot between center and red 🤣

I’m having the issue you’re having now where my needle is getting stuck half way to middle

You can put the car in test mode and verify the actual temps if you’re concerned.
            '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Working...
            X