Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

The GT3 is Carrara White, it's definitely a fun car but not that great to drive on the street imo, it really isn't driven very much unfortunately. The GMG racing carbon clutch was a mistake but the Cobra Nogaros were a great addition.

The slantnose I honestly don't know too much about, he had the motor sent out to CA for a rebuild in maybe 1996 and has thought of selling it recently, looks great when cleaned up but I would want to reinstate the interior etc.

Is your 911 on the road or still being restored, nice car!
    Ah, cool. My car is also Carrara White. Not exciting, but nothing wrong with it. I’ve driven cars with the carbon clutch kit … what a pain.

Let’s discuss the slantnose separately. I’m almost done shaking down the LSB car and will be looking for another project soon.

As for the T, after three months and 10k in parts/labor, it was back on the road after being parked for 20 years. Pretty cool. Since then, it has undergone somewhat of a rolling restoration. Mechanicals are sorted; paint/body is probably next.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6575.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	237072

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4303.jpg Views:	5 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	237068
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LSB4Me; 10-07-2023, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Model Y Performance
      Model S Plaid

And my Summer daily when its nice out

Click image for larger version  Name:	70743399144__67159EAE-AB94-4AE3-B0FA-09EE714545A6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	248.9 KB ID:	237070
      Last edited by JaredU; 10-07-2023, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
        I picked up an X3m as a daily. It was too stiffly sprung from the factory so I put some KW V3s on it, now I love it. Dumb fast.
        The x3m is truly fantastic. Makes a great argument for a one car solution.

That e30 is stunning. Nearly impossible to find low mile examples these days, almost hard to find unmolested ones. Keep her safe.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredU View Post

And my Summer daily when its nice out

Click image for larger version Name:	70743399144__67159EAE-AB94-4AE3-B0FA-09EE714545A6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	248.9 KB ID:	237070
          Outstanding!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
            Guys wtf. Y’all can’t say you have a GT3 in the garage and not share photos smh.

I recently got this 2016 Cayman Black Edition (base/2.7) to replace my blue M3, but the dealership is taking it back due to some issues that shouldn’t have been present on a CPO car. Looking at replacing it with a 981 GTS.
            If you can swing a newish 718 4.0, do that and don’t look back. It’s what the 911 should have been instead of the fat, bloated 992.

Otherwise, Cayman Rs and original GT4s can be had for good prices these days. Don’t let the badging scare you, those cars are more than comfortable enough to be daily drivers.
            Last edited by LSB4Me; 10-07-2023, 10:08 PM.

Comment

2005 M3 race car
              2009 M3 sedan daily
              1997 993 C4S (kids love it, weekend car)
              2021 X5 kids/wife/race car hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
                I also have this old thing:

My grandma bought it new and its been garage kept ever since. 60k miles. Immaculate.
                Proper!

maw

Comment

Originally posted by LSB4Me View Post

If you can swing a newish 718 4.0, do that and don’t look back. It’s what the 911 should have been instead of the fat, bloated 992.

Otherwise, Cayman Rs and original GT4s can be had for good prices these days. Don’t let the badging scare you, those cars are more than comfortable enough to be daily drivers.
                  I’m priced out of the GTS 4.0 and GT4, and I’m not interested in a 987. I like this 981 GTS. It’s optioned almost perfectly…the only thing I might want to change are the wheels. The PCCBs get me yellow calipers so I get to avoid the McDonald’s look, but I’d be iffy about tracking with them ($12k per axle!). Thankfully Girodisc sells steel rotors for $1300. Speed Yellow, full leather interior/lack of alcantara, and sub-10k miles are selling points for me.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SQ13; 10-08-2023, 07:53 AM.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I’m priced out of the GTS 4.0 and GT4, and I’m not interested in a 987. I like this 981 GTS. It’s optioned almost perfectly…the only thing I might want to change are the wheels. The PCCBs get me yellow calipers so I get to avoid the McDonald’s look, but I’d be iffy about tracking with them ($12k per axle!). Thankfully Girodisc sells steel rotors for $1300. Speed Yellow, full leather interior, and sub-10k miles are selling points for me. I’m not a fan of alcantara on steering wheels and dashboards.
                    That GTS sounds excellent. And at sub-10k miles, it’s basically brand new.

Good call protecting the pccb rotors. It’s a shame replacements are so expensive, because the initial bite / stopping power is unreal. I protect mine by not driving the car . . .

Comment

I'll play
                      06 M3
                      86 Jeep CJ-7 daily
                      06 F350 tow monster
                      20 explorer (wife/family hauler)
                      86 930 (911 turbo)
                      58 Corvette
                      80 911 vintage racecar

My Dad got the Corvette in 1970, I restored it when i got back from OIF in 2006.

Name:	IMG_20170402_193837.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	238150 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20160830_083320.jpg Views:	177 Size:	155.8 KB ID:	237184 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191209_150407.jpg Views:	173 Size:	124.5 KB ID:	237185
                      Last edited by R717; 10-15-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I’m priced out of the GTS 4.0 and GT4, and I’m not interested in a 987. I like this 981 GTS. It’s optioned almost perfectly…the only thing I might want to change are the wheels. The PCCBs get me yellow calipers so I get to avoid the McDonald’s look, but I’d be iffy about tracking with them ($12k per axle!). Thankfully Girodisc sells steel rotors for $1300. Speed Yellow, full leather interior/lack of alcantara, and sub-10k miles are selling points for me.
                        Make sure you drive that thing for a good amount of time before buying. The 981 S/GTS/GT4 manual transmission has even longer gear ratios than the base 981.

Rented a 981 S to drive around on a trip recently and the gear ratios started getting to me after a few hours. They're so long that you end up not shifting much, which took a bit of the fun out of it for me.
                        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Guys wtf. Y’all can’t say you have a GT3 in the garage and not share photos smh.

Name:	20220718_215939.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	237116

Name:	20211123_212110.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	237114
                          Attached Files
                          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220718_215939.jpg Views:	5 Size:	120.7 KB ID:	237116

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211123_212110.jpg Views:	5 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	237114
                            996 PCCB. Very rare; very nice!

Ok, SQ13 . . . here y’a go . . .

Name:	IMG_0826.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	237127 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8743.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	237128

Comment

Love the GT3s! 997.2 GT3 in manuel is my (now unobtainable) dream car.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Make sure you drive that thing for a good amount of time before buying. The 981 S/GTS/GT4 manual transmission has even longer gear ratios than the base 981.

Rented a 981 S to drive around on a trip recently and the gear ratios started getting to me after a few hours. They're so long that you end up not shifting much, which took a bit of the fun out of it for me.
                                They’re not that much longer compared to the base (only a couple mph difference), and I still have fun driving the base, which sounds great at all revs with the PSE exhaust. I imagine the GTS will be fine, esp on back roads and the track.

The car is in NY so I’m buying it sight unseen.

Comment

Working...
                                X