Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unlimited Money-What is your first move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlimited Money-What is your first move?

Guy comes up to you and says you have 3 seconds to tell me 3 parts you would add to customize, modify, or repair your M3. No charge. Eventually, you get to pick 1 as your winner? What are your three things and what do you choose? This sounds dangerously like one of those forced icebreakers at a meeting, but its not. It's interesting to me where people are in their builds and someone else may have an idea that interests you. For the record, an entire new car does not qualify as a part.

1. Drenth 6 Speed Sequential
    2. Custom Differential
    3. Flat floor.

Winner: Drenth 6 Speed Sequential. I get that we have a form of that in the SMG cars, but a proper, race spec sequential geared for my home track with that amazing, simple gear indicator attached to my dash just makes me feel like a proper racing driver. Also a subtle but strong flex on the other HPDE participants walking around looking at cars. Can't explain it. Definitely want it.
    Last edited by Fresh1179; 10-26-2023, 12:23 PM.
    2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
    [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

1. S65 swap into my LSB M3
    2. S85 swap into my LSB M3
    3. S62 swap into my LSB M3

Winner: S65 swap into my LSB M3. Been re-watching the Turnicorn episode yesterday and would really like to do this swap in the future so I can put the S54 from my LSB into my E30!!
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

1. That sexy Slon front brace
      2. CSL Airbox
      3. CF Roof

Winner: Slon. Only because I know for sure I'll 100% eventually get to doing the other two. I don't know if I'll ever be able to justify dropping that much money on the Slon piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
        1. S65 swap into my LSB M3
        2. S85 swap into my LSB M3
        3. S62 swap into my LSB M3

Winner: S65 swap into my LSB M3. Been re-watching the Turnicorn episode yesterday and would really like to do this swap in the future so I can put the S54 from my LSB into my E30!!
        Good call. I've been heavy into watching some engine swaps myself lately. You have better taste then me. Ultimately I'm a basic and would love to try to stuff S85 V10 into my car just for insane experience and sound that must create. A V10. They are going to be extinct soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

robgill to also make me a BRG E46 with a MaxPSI turbo
          '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

1. Swap in a P60B40 + Hewland Dogbox
            2. Swap in a S85
            3. Swap in a LS7

Winner: P60B40
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post

Good call. I've been heavy into watching some engine swaps myself lately. You have better taste then me. Ultimately I'm a basic and would love to try to stuff S85 V10 into my car just for insane experience and sound that must create. A V10. They are going to be extinct soon.

Supersprint actually makes the headers for S62 swap into E46 M3 chassis.

I would prefer the S65 for the sound and high RPM but S62 is pretty cool too!
              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
                1. Swap in a P60B40 + Hewland Dogbox
                2. Swap in a S85
                3. Swap in a LS7

Winner: P60B40
                I guess with any amount of money you could get your hands on a P60B40. I see what you did there. The "original intended engine swap" for our cars.

Comment

Move on to better hobbies like hooker & blow on a boat off France
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Slon brace, CSL diffuser with perfect fitment.
                    Have pretty much every other mod already.
                    E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                    E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                    E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Move on to better hobbies like hooker & blow on a boat off France
                      I don't believe anyone can beat that. I just need $1,000,000,000 and that hobby can turn into a lifestyle.

Comment

If money was no object, I'd pick up the carbon fiber side panels off Karbonius and make a completely carbon fiber E46 M3. IDK where to source the rear bumper, but I feel like with that kind of money I could make one happen.

Click image for larger version  Name:	219843867_2983906958564589_8917228767917047374_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	239563

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

1. Complete NEW CSL interior and exterior with M rain pattern
                          2 . S85 Troy Jeup stroker
                          3. Super charger
                          Last edited by simonnim; 10-26-2023, 01:42 PM.

Comment

S85 swap
                            S62 swap
                            S70/2 swap

Probably the S85 because it's a 5L 10 cyl S54 and there's a ton of parts available.
                            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Spend it on lots more track time, gas, tires and brakes. I’ve already been dumb enough over the past decade to have a wallet open approach to mods on this car.

Oh and second the better hobbies thing — I’d buy a plane

Comment

Working...
                              X