Lost BiXenon High Beams w Replacement Projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost BiXenon High Beams w Replacement Projectors

Anyone here go with this replacement projector kit: https://retrofitlab.com/collections/...non-headlights

​Went with it because the adjusters were both broken on my pass side. Bought a used set, r emoved and swapped projectors this weekend, all is good except I've lost Xenon highbeam - i.e. when I push the stalk forward. Flash to pass halogen highs work.

The kit came with the plug shown in picture. There is no place to connect it inside the assembly, and the DIY video showed reusing the OEM plug. That's the only thing I can think of.

Any advice welcome!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Connector.jpg Views:	3 Size:	58.4 KB ID:	244436
    Last edited by BlueBimmers; 12-04-2023, 04:03 PM.
    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Your headlights should have a group of red/black/green wires that operate the shutter, looks like the wire you pictured may connect to this and then to your projector, assuming the replacement projector doesn't have a factory plug.

The factory system uses a 3 wire system, with a strong initial signal to pull the shield, then it reduces the voltage to save burning the factory solenoids out, but most (if not all) aftermarket projectors use standard 2 wire 12v for the shield.

​​​​​​Not my picture​, but can see wire with turquoise connector.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCF1315.jpg Views:	0 Size:	138.5 KB ID:	244540
    Last edited by Ianb; 12-05-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Totally with you and thanks. But there is no way to connect the provided plug into the OEM plug. And their DIY video shows plugging the OEM plug directly into the replacement projector. And why would I lose high beam on the driver side, with original projector? I'm going the check codes.
      Last edited by BlueBimmers; 12-05-2023, 11:14 AM.
      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

I didn't see that you lost it just on the driver's side.

Does the headlight wiring for the shield not connect to the projector on either side? I assume you are using factory xenon ballasts as the wiring for the high beam shield operation is routed through the ballast. Have you checked for power on the turquoise connector when your high beam is operated?

Just found the video, are you saying the turquoise connector in your headlights will not connect to the projector solenoid like it does in the video? I would contact them and ask as it shows it should just plugin the same as on the factory projector.
        Last edited by Ianb; 12-05-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

To clarify - I lost high beam on both sides, after just replacing pass side projector. Yes the OEM plug fits - the connector provided with projectors (pictured) does not. It goes from 3 pin to 2 pin with no place to plug in. Trying to reach RetrofitLab today.

Comment

Working...
          X