Competition package wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition package wheels

I have a 2006 M3 Competition Package (ZCP) and had to replace one of my rims because it got bent. According to realm.com the part number is 36112282999​ and so I placed an order for this item. It looks a little bit different from the wheels on my car. Not a huge difference but definitely a difference. You can definitely see the lug nuts more in the new wheel as they are more recessed in the old wheel. Also, the new wheel has the part number and other information stamped around the hub whereas the old rim was free of any stamping. Does anyone know if BMW changed the design of the wheel or are there two different part numbers. Thanks for any insight.

Looks like your old wheel was a replica? I don't believe the design and stamping around the center cap was ever changed.

Also the paint color/finish difference is evident as well.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for that info. As far as the color, I think that is mostly due to the old one being dirty and the lighting difference between the two photos.

Comment

If you don't have any stamping, you have a replica. How's the weight difference? There should be BBS stamping on the inside of the OEM wheel as well.

Comment

Yep if there’s no numbering/stamping on the outside it’s not genuine BMW.
          Also as mentioned the genuine wheels will have BBS stamped on the backside of wheel in an indentation.
          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

If I had to take a guess, OP's original wheels are a set of VMR V703.

The V703 by VMR Wheels features an aggressive mesh design without losing the factory styling.  The V703 is engineered to be lighter in weight as well as having a higher load rating than most factory wheels. Using our Haas CNC, VMR Wheels are custom machined in-house to the exact PCD and Centerbore specifications of you
            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Yup originals are VMR v703. Time to order 3 more OEM wheels lol. You could have had a replacement VMR for like $200 lol
              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Old wheels are replica. Offset might even be different than OEM wheels…

Here is a different set of replica that are on my friend’s car, looks better than VMR but still replica
                2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Could be Sportline 8S replicas. I remember these were the lightest CSL/ZCP replicas back in the day. Althought I don't think those had M3 badge on the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                    Old wheels are replica. Offset might even be different than OEM wheels…

Here is a different set of replica that are on my friend’s car, looks better than VMR but still replica
                    Looks like they’re made by Atomic.

so many knock offs out there
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I had a set of VMR reps on an E36 M3 back in the day. They are still better looking than the stock E46 wheel IMO.
                      Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Looks like all you guys were correct. And yes Maxima SE, wish I had done little more research before purchasing the genuine wheel for over twice the cost of a replica 😢

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                          Looks like all you guys were correct. And yes Maxima SE, wish I had done little more research before purchasing the genuine wheel for over twice the cost of a replica 😢
                          Are you sure you have a real ZCP? Might want to double check that as well.

Comment

I have the VMR 703's currently and they're heavy as heck, noticeable felt going from my OEM 18's. Still waiting for a good set of BBS CH's to pop up, I've had my heart set on those.

Comment

Originally posted by I M Legend View Post

Are you sure you have a real ZCP? Might want to double check that as well.
                              VIN says it is 😉

Comment

Working...
                              X