Competition package wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
    I have the VMR 703's currently and they're heavy as heck, noticeable felt going from my OEM 18's. Still waiting for a good set of BBS CH's to pop up, I've had my heart set on those.
    BBS CH are really heavy too.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
      I have the VMR 703's currently and they're heavy as heck, noticeable felt going from my OEM 18's. Still waiting for a good set of BBS CH's to pop up, I've had my heart set on those.
      I dont think theyre that crazy heavy. For the price they cant be beat and they look just as good but certainly not a 100% replica. on black friday they go for like 900 shipped for a set of 19s lol

Pretty happy with them on my Z4

Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	244728
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

BBS CH are really heavy too.
        Good point but they're definitely lighter than the VMR's, these things are concrete and it's noticeable driving.

Comment

I rthink old vmrs were cast and pretty heavy like 29lbs.

I think they've been flow formed and closer to 24lbs for a while now?
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
            Old wheels are replica. Offset might even be different than OEM wheels…

Here is a different set of replica that are on my friend’s car, looks better than VMR but still replica
            So glad you posted these and it made me research them some more. These wheels are made by atomics and from what I know sold by BM autosports. They are indeed a much better replica than VMR. In fact I think they may actually be a 1:1 replica (minus the part numbers that are stamp). There are two things I noticed on this wheel that is exactly like the OEM wheels which is not something VMRs will offer you.

1) the outter end of the spoke has a slight curve to it just like OEM. vmr spokes are straight.
            2) BMW flattened out the area around the center cap where they stampped the part numbers. Atomics wheels replicates these and also stamps wheel info on there very similar to OE. VMRs neither have this flattened area nor any stamped info.

these two details make a huge difference when you look at the wheel straight on or at an angle.

I am not sure if the Atomics are as concave as OE but check out more pictures here.

https://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showro...27-rear-p-3613

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	245245

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	245246

Here is a V703 for example. the curve on the outter spokes is missing which the eyes pick up on right away. they are certainly not as concave and the flatted area around the wheel bolts is missing which makes them look even less concave.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_1373035102__98893.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	245247

check out high res pictures of the atomics here: https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92685

I really think they are 1:1 replica. Just beautiful !
            Last edited by Maxima SE; 12-10-2023, 01:00 PM.
            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

So glad you posted these and it made me research them some more. These wheels are made by atomics and from what I know sold by BM autosports. They are indeed a much better replica than VMR. In fact I think they may actually be a 1:1 replica (minus the part numbers that are stamp). There are two things I noticed on this wheel that is exactly like the OEM wheels which is not something VMRs will offer you.

1) the outter end of the spoke has a slight curve to it just like OEM. vmr spokes are straight.
              2) BMW flattened out the area around the center cap where they stampped the part numbers. Atomics wheels replicates these and also stamps wheel info on there very similar to OE. VMRs neither have this flattened area nor any stamped info.

these two details make a huge difference when you look at the wheel straight on or at an angle.

I am not sure if the Atomics are as concave as OE but check out more pictures here.

https://www.bmautosport.co.uk/showro...27-rear-p-3613

Click image for larger version Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.6 KB ID:	245245

Click image for larger version Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.7 KB ID:	245246

Here is a V703 for example. the curve on the outter spokes is missing which the eyes pick up on right away. they are certainly not as concave and the flatted area around the wheel bolts is missing which makes them look even less concave.

Click image for larger version Name:	_1373035102__98893.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	245247

check out high res pictures of the atomics here: https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92685

I really think they are 1:1 replica. Just beautiful !
              If you want even better replica, CM wheels in UK are the best I seen so far. Even the stamping looks identical minus the BMW stamping
              2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
              2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
              2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
              2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

If you want even better replica, CM wheels in UK are the best I seen so far. Even the stamping looks identical minus the BMW stamping
                I was looking at those and I think its the same wheel with a different brand name slapped onto it. no?
                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

At what point do we start buying genuine ZCP wheels before BMW discontinues them? I thing the FR CSLS are now NLA, no? I think the 19" forged are on their way out, if not already.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                    At what point do we start buying genuine ZCP wheels before BMW discontinues them? I thing the FR CSLS are now NLA, no? I think the 19" forged are on their way out, if not already.
                    I did already. $2400 for a half decent set of BBS was a no brainer to me after I lightly curbed one of my old ones pulling into a tiny storage unit. Old set was decent but the fresh ones are surprisingly nice in comparison. Reps make no sense to me with the real deal still priced relatively fairly and potentially not available for much longer.

Comment

I was looking at those and I think its the same wheel with a different brand name slapped onto it. no?
                      Maybe but stamping is really similar to OEM minus the BMW stamping. Otherwise finish looks the same. A friend bought several sets to flip cars…

I have OEM ZCP on my LSB but they are powdercoated and not identical finish to OEM. It bug me.. I might buy brand new OEM ZCP before they go NLA
                      2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
                      2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
                      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
                      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Maybe but stamping is really similar to OEM minus the BMW stamping. Otherwise finish looks the same. A friend bought several sets to flip cars…

I have OEM ZCP on my LSB but they are powdercoated and not identical finish to OEM. It bug me.. I might buy brand new OEM ZCP before they go NLA
                        where do you get the CM wheels?
                        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

.. I might buy brand new OEM ZCP before they go NLA
                          I did exactly that. Keeping a brand new set of ZCP’s on ice for the foreseeable future 😅

Mind sharing a link to CM wheels offerings? I can’t seem to find their CSL reps, just the Strom wheels that look like exaggerated Arc-8’s
                          '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post

Mind sharing a link to CM wheels offerings? I can’t seem to find their CSL reps.
                            I think theyre the same wheel as Atomics and just a different stamp on the center area. Both seem to be currently out of stock till March/April and thus no inventory listed anywhere.
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
                              So I’ve been told Germany alone has more than 1000 rears in stock. You never know maybe they will start making the fronts again. Wish I got them when they were available.
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

So I’ve been told Germany alone has more than 1000 rears in stock. You never know maybe they will start making the fronts again. Wish I got them when they were available.
                                Well that makes more sense since rears were both CSL and ZCP. While the fronts only for the earlier CSL.
                                I had to have my front CSL repainted once since it got scuffed in an accident. Would also loved to have had another pr genuine fronts available.
                                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                                X