375-380mm rotors/discs under 18" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
    How often do you rebuild the calipers with fresh seals and etc?
    So far, never. Still performing like new, so haven't seen a need.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

So far, never. Still performing like new, so haven't seen a need.
      That’s pretty incredible considering the number of track miles, wow...
      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

That’s pretty incredible considering the number of track miles, wow...
        Yep. As I said, they're one of the mods I'm happiest with on my car. I can certainly see why so many OEs choose them, including Porsche, Ferrari, etc.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The Brembo 355/4s are lighter than the stock rotors/calipers. Maybe (don't know) more rotational inertia, but lighter.

The benefit to 6 pistons is larger pads, which gives you longer longer pad life. I don't think it's worth the trade off, but that is a benefit... the only benefit AFAIK.

I have to say, my Brembo GTs (355/4 front, 345/4 rear) are one of the best mods I've done to this car. I've now had them for 14 years/140,000 miles/20,000 track miles, and they've been 100% flawless throughout that entire time. I believe they are the only mod I've done to the car that I haven't later redone with something else/better. I can't see any room for improvement. (well, I see the allure of free rotors/pad by using FCP, which they don't allow, but that's no fault of theirs... and I decided that benefit wasn't worth the trade off in performance).
          I only went with the 355 kit because I'm running 17's on my car for actual driving haha. Can't fit 380's under a 17. That would be insane.

I rebuilt the GTR calipers prior to installing them, wasn't cheap but titanium pistons aren't known to be. Absolutely awesome kit but I need something in the rear since it's just a stock setup with matching pads and lines. Was thinking about making an E38 Brembo fit the rear stock rotor since I don't want to run a Brembo GT kit in the rear/I can't find a rear set with slotted rotors.
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

This kit above will do the job perfectly for most track days and it saves a lot of $$$. Unless you are running a full time race car, other brakes are just overkill.
            I am very happy with my Stoptech Trophy kits - 355mm.
            2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
            18 R8 RWS.
            19 Vantage
            15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
            Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Somewhat on topic, where do you guys source 355x32 rings for best prices for Stoptech kits? Not sure if they cross fit with Brembos? Too bad FCP does not do them.
              Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                Somewhat on topic, where do you guys source 355x32 rings for best prices for Stoptech kits? Not sure if they cross fit with Brembos? Too bad FCP does not do them.
                Zeckhausen. They will work on Brembo hats. IDK if any modification is required or if hardware needs to be swapped over, I just get Brembo rings and cry.
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Left Slotted -

https://www.amazon.com/Centric-31-73.../dp/B004HED5OI

Right Slotted -

https://www.amazon.com/Centric-31-73...BWDMBHT1D5P9Q1

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post

Zeckhausen. They will work on Brembo hats. IDK if any modification is required or if hardware needs to be swapped over, I just get Brembo rings and cry.
                    Yep I cry too when buying from them, but they are great guys to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Hopefully these don't disintegrate after 1 lap. Thank you.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

I'm running a 355mm Brembo GT kit in the front with stock rears + brass guides / SS lines and I have never needed "more brakes" than what I get from this system. I can drive 40 minute sessions at Laguna Seca (notoriously hard on brakes) without any fade.

The front kit pays for itself overtime just by reducing service intervals.

Comment

We design, manufacture, and sell 2-piece, fully-floating brake rotors for Porsche, BMW, Subaru, and more. Made in the USA from US-sourced materials.

Girodisc makes 355 and 332 mm rings for StopTech/Brembo kits as well. Pricey but their stuff seems to be a cut above from my own experience and hearing from others.

Comment

https://www.girodisc.com/Rotors_c_1213.html

Girodisc makes 355 and 332 mm rings for StopTech/Brembo kits as well. Pricey but their stuff seems to be a cut above from my own experience and hearing from others.
                            Yeah I've seen that page, which made me think that Brembo vs Stoptech might use same rings (maybe different hardware due to slightly different rotor hats, but not sure, and on Girodisc site you don't seem to need to specify, so maybe they are the same). Then I started wondering what oe (Audi/Porsche/etc) use Brembo in that size to be able to source the rings from FCP, but doesn't seem like FCP is in that business.

Youtube DIYs and more

Comment

Yeah I've seen that page, which made me think that Brembo vs Stoptech might use same rings (maybe different hardware due to slightly different rotor hats, but not sure, and on Girodisc site you don't seem to need to specify, so maybe they are the same). Then I started wondering what oe (Audi/Porsche/etc) use Brembo in that size to be able to source the rings from FCP, but doesn't seem like FCP is in that business.

It would be amazing to find a 355x32 on FCP!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

StopTech Rotors
                                To fit Brembo Brake Kits

StopTech replacement rotor rings come with mounting hardware included. StopTech mounting hardware is a different design than the Brembo hardware that originally came with your kit. Thus, you should follow these installation instructions, when mounting StopTech AeroRotors to your Brembo hats: StopTech Rotor Installation Instructions

In several sizes (328, 332, and 345mm) StopTech rotors have thicker mounting flanges than Brembo rotors. These mounting flanges may interfere with a raised lip on Brembo rotor hats. If so, an automotive machine shop can easily remove the lip from your Brembo hats in minutes, using a lathe. This is a minor modification that our customers have been doing for years.
                                From Zeckhausen here: https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...?cPath=82_1516

They would definitely know, maybe shoot them an email?

Comment

Working...
                                X