ZHP Shift Knob + Illumination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZHP Shift Knob + Illumination?

I want to spruce up my interior a bit, and one thing that needs to change is my old worn-out, stock gooseneck shifter. I want to go with the ZHP shifter, however I'd like to keep illumination in the shift knob. I understand you can purchase an F10 M5 shifter setup to retain this feature, however I'm not about to spend $250+ on this.

Is there any way to transfer the illumination from the OEM gooseneck shift knob to a ZHP shift knob? Thanks!

Yes: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ZHP-shift-knob

Seems like you would need to be pretty careful to avoid damaging the leather and to get the emblem to sit back where it should, but it's definitely doable.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
      Yes: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ZHP-shift-knob

Seems like you would need to be pretty careful to avoid damaging the leather and to get the emblem to sit back where it should, but it's definitely doable.
      neat!

Comment

I have a LeatherZ one for sale, perfect condition $200 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by M9Seth View Post
          I have a LeatherZ one for sale, perfect condition $200 shipped
          can you PM me a pic?

Comment

I just did this to my zhp shift knob and my old M3 gooseneck for fun. With a dremel it's still a bit of work being careful. Even then it's not a good as my M5 knob. That one has a new LED lighting panel inside where the top of knob is rather hollow. The stock M3 has 3 LED "bulbs" on a ring and it's very tight in there taking all the plastic off down to the metal top. Doing all that it's still hard to get the emblem cleanly flush.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
            X