Body Shop Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Shop Rates

Any of you get bodywork done recently? What are going rates for bumper respray/nose respray? Trying to get an ideal of what things cost before I go shopping for quotes.

I just got my front driver's fender done in July. $1500 total broken down into:
    - $620 for fender
    - $376 body labor at $80/hr (4.7 hrs)
    - $264 paint labor at $80/hr (3.3 hrs)
    - $162 in paint supplies

This was after insurance negotiated $330 worth of blending labor off of the quote since it's a non-metallic paint (Schwartz II).

This is at a rural/small town shop and was the most expensive quote.

Comment

Front end respray with blending is probably going to be about $1500-$2000 for "okay/good" quality.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
        - $620 for fender
        - $162 in paint supplies

This was after insurance negotiated $330 worth of blending labor off of the quote since it's a non-metallic paint (Schwartz II).

Yikes. 1500 to paint one fender That is a rip-off.

Prices have certainly gone up and inflation is a thing but that is beyond inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post

Yikes. 1500 to paint one fender That is a rip-off.

Prices have certainly gone up and inflation is a thing but that is beyond inflation.
          Yeah, the body labor was definitely too much. They didn't do a lot of the work quoted (R&I headlight, R&I bumper, R&I fender liner. They just nudge the bumper and liner out of the way). Not much you can do about a fender from a dealer.

It only cost me $500 because insurance and I got away with no premium increase. The shop did all the work, so dropping the car off crunched and getting it back with a brand new color matched fender was just super convenient.

Comment

I had a quote of $4200 recently for hood and bumper refinish and blend the front fenders. This was from one of the best rated shops in Vancouver. I had them refinish the front bumper a few years back to repair some rock damage and the color match was perfect. Car is Imola red.

Comment

Shop prices vary depending on areas. I own a body shop in NYC and rates vary specially if the part isn't perfect. Above quotes prices for fender are high.

Comment

Interesting NYC is high. I'm looking to respray my front and these shops prices are all over the place like 4k.

Comment

Originally posted by joem3 View Post
                  Shop prices vary depending on areas. I own a body shop in NYC and rates vary specially if the part isn't perfect. Above quotes prices for fender are high.
                  how much for a front respray I can bring my car by its imola

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
                    - $620 for fender
                    - $162 in paint supplies

God damn !

I had an OEM hood painted PY from LSB. both fenders resprayed and both side skirts resprayed. $1200 and I am in LA
                    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by TosM3 View Post

how much for a front respray I can bring my car by its imola
                      pm me youre information. it would have to see the vehicle and inspect body condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

God damn !

I had an OEM hood painted PY from LSB. both fenders resprayed and both side skirts resprayed. $1200 and I am in LA
                        that's extremely cheap as long as you were happy with outcome though its all that matters. Wonder what paint they used.

Comment

I just paid $1200 to have my brand new OE euro front bumper painted and installed. Shop labor rate is $120/hr. I got multiple quotes from reputable (but not the highest end) shops and they were all about the same. Location is SF Bay Area.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

God damn !

This is comically low and definitely not normal. Give the details as to how this was done, who did it, what year this was done, and whether or not blending was done. You get a friend deal? Did you just drop off parts and they sprayed and then you picked up? Then you installed and paint match was perfect?

I'm asking because I've worked a considerable chunk of time in a good body and paint shop and this is, well, unbelievable. And post that invoice as I'd like to see how the shop itemized.
                            Last edited by oceansize; 01-07-2024, 07:15 AM.
                            3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

This is comically low and definitely not normal. Give the details as to how this was done, who did it, what year this was done, and whether or not blending was done. You get a friend deal? Did you just drop off parts and they sprayed and then you picked up? Then you installed and paint match was perfect?

I'm asking because I've worked a considerable chunk of time in a good body and paint shop and this is, well, unbelievable. And post that invoice as I'd like to see how the shop itemized.
                              This was a couple months ago. I dropped the car off with a barebone hood on there and took off corner lamps, fender grills etc. Side skirts were off too and I just handed it to them. They painted the hood and blended it into the fender and resprayed the side skirts. Hood and fender were wet sanded 1500 grit and compounded. color match is great. I do not have any complaints. I installed the skirts back myself. The receipt is not itemized. I don't think its that crazy low since he quoted me $650 for the hood alone before we agreed on more work. another shop quoted me $550 for the hood while a couple shops were quoting me $1800 to $2500 to repaint that hood.
                              2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                              2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X