Body Shop Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

This was a couple months ago. I dropped the car off with a barebone hood on there and took off corner lamps, fender grills etc. Side skirts were off too and I just handed it to them. They painted the hood and blended it into the fender and resprayed the side skirts. Hood and fender were wet sanded 1500 grit and compounded. color match is great. I do not have any complaints. I installed the skirts back myself. The receipt is not itemized. I don't think its that crazy low since he quoted me $650 for the hood alone before we agreed on more work. another shop quoted me $550 for the hood while a couple shops were quoting me $1800 to $2500 to repaint that hood.
    This provides a bit more context for folks coming behind because it read the first time like they fully painted the fenders as well (which would then requiring blending the doors). So hood painted, fenders blended, and you did all the R&R. You did really well regardless. Off the top of my head I would say most production oriented shops are going to hit from 1000 to 1500 just for the hood and 1500-2000 to blend fenders (where the owner drops off panels and no R&R). 2500 to paint just a hood is on the opposite end of the spectrum, particularly since you must have brought them a hood in excellent condition to avoid having to strip.

Was the shop more of a mom and pop type of operation or a collision center that does side work? Production oriented collision shops will always run higher as they are busier and if good don't need the side work.
    Last edited by oceansize; 01-07-2024, 09:25 AM.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

This provides a bit more context for folks coming behind because it read the first time like they fully painted the fenders as well. So hood painted, fenders blended, and you did all the R&R. You did really well regardless. Off the top of my head I would say most production oriented shops are going to hit from 1000 to 1500 just for the hood and 1500-2000 to blend fenders. 2500 to paint just a hood is on the opposite end of the spectrum, particularly since you must have brought them a hood in excellent condition to avoid having to strip.

Was the shop more of a mom and pop type of operation or a collision center that does side work? Production oriented collision shops will always run higher as they are busier and if good don't need the side work.
      It was a mom and pop shop. I went to several collision centers and quickly realized they aren't interest in anything not insurance related. I think he quoted me $1500 first and then we agreed on 1200. Yes the hood was in fantastic shape and just got sanded down and resprayed. No dents or major rock chips since the hood was painted a year prior to that. And yes you are right, blending the fenders is different than painting the entire thing.
      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
      X