Instrument cluster swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument cluster swap question

The temperature gauge needle not working on my Instrument cluster. For obvious reasons I'm very hesitant to drive the car until this issue is fixed. How common is it for one needed on the cluster to fail? Question is if I were to swap a OEM cluster from another M3 will my mileage be displayed on the "new' cluster or will it have to be coded? What other options are there for repair?

I have the same issue on my car atm - water temperature gauge acting Frankenstein. I believe you can simply send the cluster in for repair. If you were to swap an OEM cluster that has not been virginized/isn't brand new, a tamper dot will appear after you install it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bent_Remy View Post
      Question is if I were to swap a OEM cluster from another M3 will my mileage be displayed on the "new' cluster or will it have to be coded? What other options are there for repair?
      No, mileage from cluster will be shown. You need to change mileage and VIN in EPROM to avoid the red dot (= VIN difference in KOMBI - LCM).

Comment

Originally posted by Bent_Remy View Post
        The temperature gauge needle not working on my Instrument cluster. For obvious reasons I'm very hesitant to drive the car until this issue is fixed. How common is it for one needed on the cluster to fail? Question is if I were to swap a OEM cluster from another M3 will my mileage be displayed on the "new' cluster or will it have to be coded? What other options are there for repair?
        Did you try resetting it? I had issues with my temperature gauge this past summer and was able to correct it with a gauge reset. I outline everything here.

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...-in-red-solved

Comment

Working...
        X