No announcement yet.

S54 Intake Sound Question/Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my previous F-series platforms, I've removed two sound generators (via speakers) and here we are with the E46 M3 chassis adding it?! What's going on haha.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
      On my previous F-series platforms, I've removed two sound generators (via speakers) and here we are with the E46 M3 chassis adding it?! What's going on haha.
      Aren't those Simulated Sound generators? I believe the mod here is piping in real noise right?

Comment

Is not the same as the Z4 part, but is an official BMW item

Comment

This is how it sounds

karb OE style plenum + Eventuri + Sound Generator

it still has the foam in the pipe to the dash, if removed, sounds louder.

The sound of the Karbonius OE Style Carbon airbox paired with an eventui filter and the sound generator. It sounds very loud in the cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay
            350 Euros on 1-21-24

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

Aren't those Simulated Sound generators? I believe the mod here is piping in real noise right?
              You're correct, but they both serve the same purpose, artificial noise w/ no real gain in power. I guess some people prefer this, for me, I went the CSL route and working my way to installing it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                You're correct, but they both serve the same purpose, artificial noise w/ no real gain in power. I guess some people prefer this, for me, I went the CSL route and working my way to installing it soon.
                Not only no power gain, but can’t see how something that adds another orifice in the intake elbow doesn’t add turbulence. Thus hindering optimal air flow performance.
                6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Just another point of reference for anyone hemming and hawing on getting the CSL intake, if you have the disposable income, do it. I just got my karb box installed and I was hemming and hawing for months as I thought my K&N intake was enough, but it’s not.

i have a convertible and with the top down and driving on the freeway, my K&N intake on a rev match 4th to 3rd gear would sound good be but be drowned out by freeway/engine noises. With the CSL box, you hear this glorious, deep, guttural bark that makes your body tingle. Then the intake sings like a sonorous baritone all the way to redline. After getting the intake installed, I think I mainly above 4-5k rpm the whole drive home hahah. I bet everyone on the freeway thought I was trying to race them when in actuality I just kept wanting to hear the intake. And forgetabout going under bridges. Man I was downshifting like crazy prior to a bridge underpass so I could floor it. First time I ever felt that this car needed to rev to 10k haha. Good thing I did my RB and Vanos and maintenance recently because I’m driving the car hard now.

anyways TLDR you have the money then do it. If you dont and are keeping the car awhile, save up instead and get a csl box. Better yet, get a convertible and the csl box. It’s amazing!

Ok rant over, carry on.

Julian.

Comment

Working...
                  X