HTE Performance QuaranTune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HTE Performance QuaranTune

Another good run with Hassan and the CSL QuaranTune.
    Made 328whp/250tq on 91 and 333/253tq on E30
    Not a huge difference with e85, ran out of time and the car was heat soaked.
    Car feels amazing and power is linear. (Just wants to keep going)
    Can’t beat his dyno tune for the price.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A290F103-DCB2-4726-A210-63BCED74DA2D.jpeg
Views:	1824
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	24852
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D643E577-DDFA-487F-94FD-F46E1AE310B4.jpeg
Views:	1888
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	24850 Click image for larger version

Name:	CA1A0CED-9849-49E6-9FBC-0FFF1C366D7C.jpeg
Views:	1886
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	24849
    Attached Files
    06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Glad you're enjoying the car! Real strong numbers for a catted setup (stock euro cats) and a csl intake upgrade 👍
    385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
    -CSL airbox ( custom)
    -280 272 Cat cams
    -Custom SSV2, modified for a bigger collector
    -Custom Section 1 2 and 3: oversized to 2.5 inch and en E9xM Xpipe
    -TMS pullies
    -Electric Fan
    -HTE performance Tune :P

PM for performance Tunes

IG: https://www.instagram.com/hte_performance_tuning/

Comment

Nice work!
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by HassanEido View Post
        Glad you're enjoying the car! Real strong numbers for a catted setup (stock euro cats) and a csl intake upgrade 👍
        One day I’ll be like you 😂
        06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Hassan "La Verdad" Eido
          2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT
          M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/CatCams 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Got those in SAE?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

We did do an SAE run or two, SAE was about 2.5 percent less. So final numbers would be around 325 whp or so.. I do all of my cars in STD since I have to compare to the rest of the cars i tuned, in the end it's delta, but comparing the to the same correction factors is what matters for me honestly, since that's the ruler I use day in day out. Helps me know whether a car is doing well in comparison to others with similar mods or not.
              Last edited by HassanEido; 05-15-2020, 04:46 AM.
              385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
              -CSL airbox ( custom)
              -280 272 Cat cams
              -TMS pullies
              -Electric Fan

PM for performance Tunes

Comment

We did do an SAE run or two, SAE was about 2.5 percent less. So final numbers would be around 325 whp or so.. I do all of my cars in STD since I have to compare to the rest of the cars i tuned, in the end it's delta, but comparing the to the same correction factors is what matters for me honestly, since that's the ruler I use day in day out. Helps me know whether a car is doing well in comparison to others with similar mods or not.
                404, delta not found.

It would be nice if you standardized on SAE instead, since that's the standard we've settled on around here...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Those are excellent results 💪, Excellent work Hassan ! 👍 Couple years ago these type of results were obtainable by heavily modded cars, and now you can get there with just few mods, that's outstanding!

Comment

In the US i guess? Others will ask for a mustang type correction and will swear by it, in the UK or Australia they will use a dyno dynamics correction and can't make sense of the other 3. It gets very confusing fast.. Different correction algorithms/measuring sticks. I can't appease to every one-lol. STD is what we use here, and is used in the US as well. Anyone getting a dyno tune can ask for any correction factor in the world and the operator will be able to provide that easy 👍 interestingly enough the difference was 2.5% in this case so u make of that what u will 👍
                    ​​​​
                    Last edited by HassanEido; 05-15-2020, 05:48 AM.
                    385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
                    -CSL airbox ( custom)
                    -280 272 Cat cams
                    -TMS pullies
                    -Electric Fan

PM for performance Tunes

Comment

In the US i guess? Others will ask for a mustang type correction and will swear by it, in the UK or Australia they will use a dyno dynamics correction and can't make sense of the other 3. It gets very confusing fast.. Different correction algorithms/measuring sticks. I can't appease to every one-lol. STD is what we use here, and is used in the US as well. Anyone getting a dyno tune can ask for any correction factor in the world and the operator will be able to provide that easy 👍 interestingly enough the difference was 2.5% in this case so u make of that what u will 👍
                      ​​​​
                      I think this is a good synopsis as to why:

The generally accepted "Standard for Comparison" as used by virtually every professional race team and engine builder/manufacture is the SAE correction factor (SAE J1349 and J1995 are the standards and SAE J2723 is the procedure).
                      Here's why.
                      The STD Correction Factor is most often used by those who wish to present an inflated perception of Hp and Tq increases without any actual increase in power. There are also additional tricks to show higher numbers.
                      Note the 104.8% relative horsepower in STD vs the 100% in SAE.

(Borrowed from another forum)
                      Uncorrected is NEVER accepted in the world of dynoing and tuning as it does not factor in any weather conditions etc. Now here is where the big debate comes...is between SAE and STD. SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) is the MOST ACCURATE AND WIDELY ACCEPTED FORM OF MEASUREMENT when it comes to the world of dynoing. Here is some more info I have gathered between the two.....

Most people know that showing STD numbers read higher but not many know why. SAE represents more realistic standard conditions, STD artificially boosts numbers.
                      Identifying Your Correction Factor Dynojet:If you look at a dynojet graph in the upper right corner, you will see where it says the correction method being used. The options are SAE, STD, Uncorrected and a few not needed for discussion. You will also notice a smooth factor (up to 5) which dyno operators use to make the power curves and any other data displayed, such as AFR, seem more accurate and smooth. You will also see AFR graphs scaled DOWN to hide flaws in the curve.Overview:Most of the stated horsepower numbers are “Corrected” values. The correction standards were developed to discount the observed horsepower readings taken at different locations and weather conditions. It is obvious that an engine builder in Colorado could not produce as much horsepower as a shop at sea level. There is just less oxygen for the engine to burn at the higher altitude. What are less obvious are the other weather condition effects on the engine. So in order to compensate for this all advertised horsepower is “corrected” to several different industry standards.
                      SAE:"SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), USA. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque.

STD:STD is Another power correction standard determined by the SAE. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard.

"Here is some quick math (using assumptions and round numbers):
                      STD:
                      Air Temperature: 60F
                      Absolute Pressure: 29.92 inches Hg
                      Relative Humidity: 0%
                      Relative Horsepower : 104.8%
                      Air Density: 1.223kg/m3
                      Relative Air Density: 99.8%
                      Density Altitude: 67feet
                      Virtual Temperature: 60F
                      Vapor Pressure: 0 inches Hg
                      Dyno Correction Factor: .955

SAE:
                      Air Temperature: 77F
                      Absolute Pressure: 29.23 inches Hg
                      Relative Humidity: 0%
                      Relative Horsepower : 100%
                      Air Density: 1.157kg/m3
                      Relative Air Density: 94.4%
                      Density Altitude: 1952feet
                      Virtual Temperature: 77F
                      Vapor Pressure: 0 inches Hg
                      Dyno Correction Factor: 1
                      This link will explain some of the "Variables" and methods used to artificially boost Dyno numbers. Please excuse the Harley references.

If you want to get into the technical aspects here is a pretty good link explaining the SAE standards for corrected horsepower.
                      https://www.dynomitedynamometer.com/...horsepower.htm
                      Having everything posted in DynoJet SAE is the closest thing we have to being able to compare across dynos-- to see which mods/tunes actually do what and make decisions based on that. It's certainly not a flawless system, but it's as close as we can get.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I think this is a good synopsis as to why:

Having everything posted in DynoJet SAE is the closest thing we have to being able to compare across dynos-- to see which mods/tunes actually do what and make decisions based on that. It's certainly not a flawless system, but it's as close as we can get.
                        Like I said Ian, on that day, on that dyno, with the ambient conditions, it was less than 2.5%. 318.x was 326 in std. So 333.31 would be about 325whp, does that help? That article is misleading. Its an algorithm that takes several parameters, and the correction is NOT linear, in lay terms, that means the percentage is NOT fixed. Hence the need for an algorithm lol, again, make of that what u will.
                        Here's a fool proof way to tuning ur car:
                        1-Get a baseline with X correction factor
                        2- stick to it and adjust on the same dyno while being strapped in still
                        3-measure with the same correction factor.
                        I would liken this to comparing miles and kilometers but it's not.. Since it's not a fixed factor to convert one to another. Hell even strapping technic will skew results by a LOT. More clamping force = more tire drag, less whp. At the end if the day this isn't a lab experiment. We're talking 8 hp?! A car will vary about that much from run to run too.. In tuning u look for average delta and graph shape.
                        Like i said, can't appease to everyone 😅
                        Last edited by HassanEido; 05-15-2020, 06:19 AM.
                        385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
                        -CSL airbox ( custom)
                        -280 272 Cat cams
                        -TMS pullies
                        -Electric Fan

PM for performance Tunes

Comment

Like I said Ian, on that day, on that dyno, with the ambient conditions, it was less than 2.5%. 318.x was 326 in std. So 333.31 would be about 325whp, does that help? That article is misleading. Its an algorithm that takes several parameters, and the correction is NOT linear, in lay terms, that means the percentage is NOT fixed. Hence the need for an algorithm lol, again, make of that what u will.
                          Here's a fool proof way to tuning ur car:
                          1-Get a baseline with X correction factor
                          2- stick to it and adjust on the same dyno while being strapped in still
                          3-measure with the same correction factor.
                          I would liken this to comparing miles and kilometers but it's not.. Since it's not a fixed factor to convert one to another. Hell even strapping technic will skew results by a LOT. More clamping force = more tire drag, less whp. At the end if the day this isn't a lab experiment. We're talking 8 hp?! A car will vary about that much from run to run too.. In tuning u look for average delta and graph shape.
                          Like i said, can't appease to everyone 😅
                          What you describe is a good way to tune your car, yes.

For people trying to make educated purchasing and tune choice decisions without personally trying out every hardware component and tune on their car, personally comparing deltas, it's beneficial to have everyone using the same correction factor. Sure, other things can influence the results. But, SAE dynojet is about as close to a level playing field as we can get and the standard that has been settled on for US based e46 m3s (which this forum primarily caters to) for years.

If I really had my way, I'd also suggest we have everyone post AFRs, ignition numbers, and knock sensitivity, but I doubt that'll actually ever happen :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Nice what's the exhaust setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

What you describe is a good way to tune your car, yes.

For people trying to make educated purchasing and tune choice decisions without personally trying out every hardware component and tune on their car, personally comparing deltas, it's beneficial to have everyone using the same correction factor. Sure, other things can influence the results. But, SAE dynojet is about as close to a level playing field as we can get and the standard that has been settled on for US based e46 m3s (which this forum primarily caters to) for years.

If I really had my way, I'd also suggest we have everyone post AFRs, ignition numbers, and knock sensitivity, but I doubt that'll actually ever happen :P
                              Man you crack me up. You can't even compare sae to sae one day to another, dyno operator to another, strapping techniques to another. All you could compare is delta percentage. Not absolute numbers, not even on the same dyno type, not even the same dyno. There's literally 100s of factors at play. Trust me. U can only compare delta on the same dyno while being strapped having ambient temps exactly unchanged, engine coolant and oil temps etc.

What I meant was, ready? If u baseline 281.8 on std vs 275 on sae then go up to 333 on std vs 325 on sae u wil have still gained 50.x whp. Mods leading to this 50 whp delta will still show representative numbers, including a tune lol. I said my bit for everyone's benefit. Carry on 👍 now I'll go argue with someone who only recognizes mustang dyno numbers vs sae or std.. smdh
                              Here's a prime example : https://www.instagram.com/p/B8qXbd-l...=13ep60pwyxp1i
                              Look at the graph with the detla before and after.
                              This is a cammed swapped s54 e36.
                              Dyno in australia. Total max power was 294 whp. But it baselined 247 whp.. Our dyno numbers are meaningless to them, but guess what, delta carries over just fine. Graph shape pre and post tune says it all.. That's the point i was making👌
                              Graph attached
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by HassanEido; 05-15-2020, 10:19 AM.
                              385.7whp 288.8 wtq :
                              -CSL airbox ( custom)
                              -280 272 Cat cams
                              -TMS pullies
                              -Electric Fan

PM for performance Tunes

Comment

Working...
                              X