No announcement yet.

HTE Performance QuaranTune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t forget Evolve — I had a thread on the old forum about not being able to get various monitors to go to ready and pass state inspection with their tune that came on my car. Quite a few people posted in it over the years with the same issue. Never got them to fix it since I wasn’t technically a customer and I didn’t like that it was locked, so went back to stock with some of my own tweaks for a while.

Now have a CSL-based Paul Claude non-dyno tune for SSv1, airbox and stock cams and it runs beautifully. Couple of local shops that see a lot of BMWs and CSL conversions have been surprised how nicely it idles and pulls.

Not going to stop me from getting those beautiful Evolve headers for my S62 ... :drool:

Comment

Those evolve headers are made by SuperSprint, soooo 👍🏻

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post

TTFS whipped up some garbage for me with no adjustments after reporting issues, tried to get my money back after getting no response for weeks... Frank then began to frantically text me threatening to flag my car to California state ref.

Paul Claude spent an hour remotely tuning my car live almost perfecting my car. Now days I can't seem to get a hold of him for a retune with my new setup
        Are you contacting him at his newest business name?
        It’s PCS Tuning now. I messaged him recently to see if he’s done anything new with tune I’m running; he got back to me within a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          Those evolve headers are made by SuperSprint, soooo 👍🏻
          I know that, that's why I trust them

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

As I said earlier... there is no delta here.

That said, it SAE dynojets are pretty consistent from one to the next— within a couple percent of each other.
            Just as an FYI to everyone, STD & SAE are also only a couple of percentage points apart as well...it’s generally accepted to be about 2.6%. STD corrects to 60*, and SAE corrects to 77*. I think this is common knowledge to some on here, but probably not to everyone. Sooo, with the HP numbers that w/mostly deal with here (300-350)...you’re usually talking about roughly a 10 HP difference between STD & SAE.

Also, as an aside, I had a buddy who was looking for a tune. I would typically refer ppl to TTFS in the past, but Frank is mostly out of the E46 game at this point...sooo, I reached out to Hassan for a tune. It was a typical FBO car, and once we finally scheduled some dyno time and got things hooked up...Hassan was able to remote in and do his thing. The session, after it finally started, went quickly & smoothly! In a period of about an hr or so, Hassan made about 4-5 tune revisions & the car picked up around 21 HP (max gains)...but more importantly, drivability was improved, and the area under the curve was better all around as well. Thanx Hassan! Sorry for the slight thread jack OP!
            Last edited by stash1; 05-28-2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I try to follow these threads and so it seems that SOP should be (assuming your car doesn't have any underlying issues that aren't tune related):

1. Dyno
              2. Tune
              3. Repeat 1 and 2 as needed
              4. Install new parts etc.
              5. Dyno
              6. Tune
              7. Repeat 5 and 6 as needed

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
              X