Freight Shipping Recommendedations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freight Shipping Recommendedations

I have two very good condition manual seats that I'm considering selling. Freight would be the best option for those willing to pay for shipping. I'm just curious if anyone has any good recommendations, as Google and the few companies I've looked at for quotes seem to be very high.

Might be cheaper to box each one up individually and ship two ground packages.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
      Might be cheaper to box each one up individually and ship two ground packages.
      I considered it but it was roughly $300 a seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

I considered it but it was roughly $300 a seat.
        Ouch. I guess I would find a used pallet and put it up on uShip or similar site. Be prepared to get alot of phone calls though. Going direct to fedex or ups is going to be very expensive.

Comment

Maybe try shipnex? https://www.shipnex.com/

Comment

Try Greyhound Buses, they shipped my CSL Bootlid in a huge custom made wooden box for $200 from Kansas to Las Vegas. The box weighed 80lbs.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
              Try Greyhound Buses.
              they made a custom box? That's sick. Both seats on a pallet will be like 180lbs..

Comment

I'm sure Greyhound did not make that box. I have used them to ship seats before, only drawback is the timeframe. It took like 3 or 4 weeks to get from the midwest to LA
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Greyhound and Amtrak no longer offer shipping.

Comment

Inexpensive options don't exist when shipping large distances for something as large, heavy, and awkward as seats. Expensive, really expensive, and hugely expensive, take your pick. If it does exist and someone knows how they will now contribute that answer. Psyops in action lol.
                    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Freight door to door is expensive, especially if its residential. They have to load it, offload it, load it again, offload and then load it.

Typically shipping terminal to terminal is about the half the price for LTL (less than truckload). You drop off at the terminal, received picks up at the terminal.

Depends on the terminal but the one I use in Houston will give me a pallet and band it up. Prices are based mostly on volume unless you are shipping something super heavy.

I mostly used R&L carriers. I had an account opened with them. I want to say I paid $250 to ship an engine from KS to PA about 6 years ago. Then $200 for a set of wheels and tires 3 years ago. Door to door for the wheels would have been about $450.
                      Last edited by bigjae46; 01-16-2024, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post

they made a custom box? That's sick. Both seats on a pallet will be like 180lbs..
                        I had a friend in Kansas make that box to protect the bootlid, he builds rockets for a living lol. I had to pick it up a the Greyhound terminal.
                        TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                        Evolve Eventuri
                        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Try Fastenal, they have a LTL freight service thats reasonably priced.

Last edited by jayjaya29; 01-23-2024, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X