Is there anyone in the US that offers similar service as Reddish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyone in the US that offers similar service as Reddish

I'm just curious if anyone knows of someone or somewhere that offers the same level of restoration and service as Reddish?

Enthusiast Auto Group (EAG) in Cincinnati, OH

Comment

I can do it but in Canada.

This is a 2006 Alpine White Slicktop I restored before Christmas last year. This car had been winter driven in the past and had lots of rust on subframe, suspension arms, diff, … plus a lot of shop had work on it with questionnable knowledge/skills…

This is not my Instagram but the AW owner account:
      https://www.instagram.com/e46m3aw/?i...&utm_source=qr

Everything was painted but I have a friend who can do powdercoat:

-subframe, carrier, diff, …
      -CMP RACP reinforcements plates underside, topside and CMP subframe bushings
      -RACP primed, sealed, undercoated, paint to match OEM color/finish
      -new hardware
      -everything cleaned
      -new hard line brake lines (bent & flare)
      -OEM calipers rebuild and painted in gloss black like ZCP
      -and much more

Also did:

-rod bearings
      -VANOS bulletproofing
      -valves adjustment
      -driveshaft rebuilt
      -replaced every sensors on engine and also alternator & starter
      -replaced every bushings
      -wheel bearings on 4 corners
      -Ohlins colivers
      -Turner pulleys
      -ITB, ICV, MAF cleaned
      -ZHP steering rack retrofit
      -shifter bushings, guibo
      -engine & tranny mounts
      -Euro headers, Euro section 1, SS straight section 2 & SS Sport muffler
      -Turner CSL airbox
      -…
      Last edited by Gt4; 01-25-2024, 02:48 PM.
      2002 BMW E46 M3 TiAg 6mt Track car project
      2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
      2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

That AW M3 is sick, been following the build, great work !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fosters_AUS View Post
          I thought they just bought low milage cars and sold them at MSRP prices

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
            That AW M3 is sick, been following the build, great work !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks.

It could have been done differently with better results and cheaper price. Key word is planning! Cheaper to do a full restoration and completely strip the car and do everything needed and preventive maintenance than doing it in different moment and adding a bunch of ‘’while being there’’…

Also if doing a paint job or color change, it’s better to know before you start a restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by Fosters_AUS View Post
              Absolutely not even close to the same thing.

OP, I don’t think there is a known “go to” place here that does underside restorations like how Redish has become famous for. In any given region, there are likely a handful of shops who could pull it off. You’d just need to do some research locally, have a few conversations to see who is qualified and interested in doing a sucky, tedious, and time consuming job like that, set some guidelines and expectations, give them a blank check and don’t expect to see your car again for 6 months. I’m morbidly curious as to how much people drop on these full on underside restorations at Redish.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                I can do it but in Canada.

This is a 2006 Alpine White Slicktop I restored before Christmas last year. This car had been winter driven in the past and had lots of rust on subframe, suspension arms, diff, … plus a lot of shop had work on it with questionnable knowledge/skills…

This is not my Instagram but the AW owner account:
                https://www.instagram.com/e46m3aw/?i...&utm_source=qr

Everything was painted but I have a friend who can do powdercoat:

-subframe, carrier, diff, …
                -CMP RACP reinforcements plates underside, topside and CMP subframe bushings
                -RACP primed, sealed, undercoated, paint to match OEM color/finish
                -new hardware
                -everything cleaned
                -new hard line brake lines (bent & flare)
                -OEM calipers rebuild and painted in gloss black like ZCP
                -and much more

Also did:

-rod bearings
                -VANOS bulletproofing
                -valves adjustment
                -driveshaft rebuilt
                -replaced every sensors on engine and also alternator & starter
                -replaced every bushings
                -wheel bearings on 4 corners
                -Ohlins colivers
                -Turner pulleys
                -ITB, ICV, MAF cleaned
                -ZHP steering rack retrofit
                -shifter bushings, guibo
                -engine & tranny mounts
                -Euro headers, Euro section 1, SS straight section 2 & SS Sport muffler
                -Turner CSL airbox
                -…
                How much did you charge for all that?
                http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Absolutely not even close to the same thing.

OP, I don’t think there is a known “go to” place here that does underside restorations like how Redish has become famous for. In any given region, there are likely a handful of shops who could pull it off. You’d just need to do some research locally, have a few conversations to see who is qualified and interested in doing a sucky, tedious, and time consuming job like that, set some guidelines and expectations, give them a blank check and don’t expect to see your car again for 6 months. I’m morbidly curious as to how much people drop on these full on underside restorations at Redish.
                  Exact it all depend of budget. I think I read on some YT comments in the Reddish vids that it cost £31000 or $40000usd to do the underside restoration. Not cheap!

It’s also a matter of labor/hours spent to do the job, depending on the condition of the car. If you starts with a clean chassis or rust bucket like many cars in UK…

It also depend if you want things like Cerakote, Dry Ice blasting, powdercoating, zinc plated hardware or new hardware, … And do you need to get the undercoat completely stripped, do you want chassis completely stitch weld, car is going to be repainted or not, …

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

How much did you charge for all that?
                    Well there was a much more intensive list than what mentionned, I also did full engine bay detailling and pretty much redo/stripped all the interior, replaced pillars, butyl tape on doors vapor barriers, nee plastic clips everywhere, fix interior rattle (feltf foam? tape everywhere inside the cabin…) I fixed a lot of stuff previous owner did in different shops and put new OEM hardware where there was zip tie, redo paint job on subframe and calipers that had been shoot over rust without grinding to bare metal, fixed loose bumper carrier on rear bumper, … Pretty much touch everything!

I put 300h in that car. Let just say it was close to the price of an average E46 M3. It could been done differently if owner knows excatly what he wants from beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                      I'm just curious if anyone knows of someone or somewhere that offers the same level of restoration and service as Reddish?
                      To put things into perspective, the UK is similar in land area to Oregon. The map below helps provide a visualization of this. It's much more accessible (logistically) for a UK E46 M3 owner to utilize Reddish's services vs. the equivalent in the U.S. Your best is to find a reputable shop within a reasonable distance of you that can perform the work. You can always create a scope of work document outlining the details and referencing Reddish, for example. Nate047 touched on this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	197.7 KB ID:	250953

Comment

Most shops won’t do projects like this unless customer has really deep pockets. Shops will do way more cash doing volume/hundreds of small jobs on differents cars vs working on one car for 2-3-6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                          Most shops won’t do projects like this unless customer has really deep pockets. Shops will do way more cash doing volume/hundreds of small jobs on differents cars vs working on one car for 2-3-6 months.
                          This, nobody got time for a car to sit in a bay for months, unless there is some seriously deep pockets funding that.
                          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

This type of work is usually not worth it unless there's some sort of sentimental/emotional attachment to the car and you have DEEP pockets.

It's way more sensible to buy a low mileage clean car than to restore a rust bucket. E46 prices have gone up but not to the point where full restoration is worth it as it would be for an actually rare and/or expensive car such as exotics, old timers, etc (E46 M3 is none of those).

Example: 50K mile car in excellent condition with no rust costing $45K is a much better proposition than a 100K mile car costing $25K but needing a $20K restoration.

My 2 cents...
                            Last edited by PetrolM3; 01-26-2024, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post
                              This type of work is usually not worth it unless there's some sort of sentimental/emotional attachment to the car and you have DEEP pockets.

It's way more sensible to buy a low mileage clean car than to restore a rust bucket. E46 prices have gone up but not to the point where full restoration is worth it as it would be for an actually rare and/or expensive car such as exotics, old timers, etc (E46 M3 is none of those).

Example: 50K mile car in excellent condition with no rust costing $45K is a much better proposition than a 100K mile car costing $25K but needing a $20K restoration.

My 2 cents...
                              Exactly. I will never understand sinking $35-40k into restoring an UNDERSIDE of an e46. WTF?
                              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                              X