What ignition coils are recommended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ignition coils are recommended?

I've confirmed that I have a bad ignition coil and plan to replace all six. However, there appears to be a lot of brand options out there so I'd like to know what you guys would recommend and what I should definitely stay away from. Yes, I could make this simple and just get BMW OEM coils but they're a small fortune so I'm looking for a reputable alternative. Thanks guys...

OE

Comment

Great question, I've the same question, and have been digging through the forums for an answer. Seems some part numbers interchange as made by Delphi, then there's Eldor...I have difficulty determining who the OE maker is myself.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
        Great question, I've the same question, and have been digging through the forums for an answer. Seems some part numbers interchange as made by Delphi, then there's Eldor...I have difficulty determining who the OE maker is myself.
        It has changed over the years. Original coils were Bremi, then they switched to Bosch.

Comment

I went with Dinan, the parts themselves are just as well made as the factory ones, but new. No issues so far after more than a year. I renewed them as preventative maintenance, my factory items were perfectly fine.

Comment

So would Bosch be a credible alternative? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...504470#fitment

Comment

Bosch 0 221 504 464

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                I went with Dinan, the parts themselves are just as well made as the factory ones, but new. No issues so far after more than a year. I renewed them as preventative maintenance, my factory items were perfectly fine.
                Any noticeable improvement over stock with the Dinan ones?

Comment

I noticed nothing, exactly the same in terms of functionality. But again, my OE were fine and not giving any trouble. But after 13 years of service, I chose to refresh them. The only added benefit was the color of the caps 😬

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                    I noticed nothing, exactly the same in terms of functionality. But again, my OE were fine and not giving any trouble. But after 13 years of service, I chose to refresh them. The only added benefit was the color of the caps 😬
                    I'm looking to replace mine for the same reason. Did you buy the Dinancars, or CarBahn coils?

Comment

Dinan, at the time Carbahn was not selling these. I also paid 28 bucks, same as Carbahn today, but now are 25.

by the looks of it, I would bet they are the same thing with a different brand logo. I think there is another brand that seem to be the same also.

these is what I got (I needed blue)

Comment

DINAN is using a Delphi coil FWIW.

Comment

Eldor. Bosch gave me light misfires at idle cold start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am using the Delphis they are really cheap and work good, no complaints.
                            E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                            E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                            E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

I went with Bosch coils not too long ago, they were like $23 each and work fantastic.
                              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                              X