Video Clip Request: Eisenmann Sport and SS Sport Mufflers Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

That is the issue for me as well as the car being SO QUIET. I even took my elderly father in law with me on a drive (in my convertible) yesterday and he kept mentioning that it was so quiet. like a luxury car, LOL. I get that the car is not an aggressive sports car, but even my F80, which sounded like dookie until I got an equal length midpipe, was more aggressive and louder. Since getting a set of headers is out of the questions (california resident here), how the heck can I add some more volume to the exhaust that sounds decent? I would go the airbox route, but once again, CA resident here =/
    Get an airbox. You can have an airbox while still dealing with smog. There are 2 routes: switch back to stock stuff to smog, or buy something like this setup: https://ind-distribution.com/product...intake-package

You should still be able to pass smog with option 2 and it should real close to the CSL style airbox without any of the tuning BS or DME conversion.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Get an airbox. You can have an airbox while still dealing with smog. There are 2 routes: switch back to stock stuff to smog, or buy something like this setup: https://ind-distribution.com/product...intake-package

You should still be able to pass smog with option 2 and it should real close to the CSL style airbox without any of the tuning BS or DME conversion.
      I considered this option. I guess maybe I'm just older now, but not really sure that this will pass smog here where I am. I heard that all parts have to be completely OEM or have a carb sticker. That's why right now I have a K&N intake (comes with a carb sticker) and also a Dinan tune (Carb sticker).

Youre in Socal, but SD, I heard its a bit more lax down there? In in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

You should absolutely not get an airbox (+ second DME) and swap the stock parts back in right before you're due for smog because that would be illegal
        Question. Let's say I went this route. I bought an airbox and installed everything needed mechanically. Let's say to keep things easy, I just want an Alpha N tune. Where can I buy a second DME and put an Alpha N tune on it? Would I just look on ebay or somewhere and then plug it into my car and flash the tune?

Comment

I considered this option. I guess maybe I'm just older now, but not really sure that this will pass smog here where I am. I heard that all parts have to be completely OEM or have a carb sticker. That's why right now I have a K&N intake (comes with a carb sticker) and also a Dinan tune (Carb sticker).

Youre in Socal, but SD, I heard its a bit more lax down there? In in LA.
          It's lax everywhere, just gotta go to a smog place that doesn't have an annoying technician.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Where can I buy a second DME and put an Alpha N tune on it? Would I just look on ebay or somewhere and then plug it into my car and flash the tune?
            Yep, exactly. Keep your stock DME untouched (so the emissions monitors, EWS, VIN, etc. don't change) and then do whatever you need to the second DME. Convert to CSL or flash alpha n tune or whatever.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

You can order the SS Sport with 2.5" piping.
              Yea but that means buying it brand new directly from Supersprint + dealing with wait times + shipping duties. Not everyone is willing to go that route

Comment

You can order the SS Sport with 2.5" piping.
                I don’t think this is the case. I spoke to Supersprint in Italy 2 years ago when trying to resolve my issues with my damaged section 3 from that disaster Supersprint group buy. Supersprint told me that they do not make section 3 mufflers in 2.5”. I tried getting one made and they told me that they could not do it. I don’t know if it is a new thing but this was 2 years ago.

Also is there anyone here with a verified 2.5” Supersprint section 3?

Comment

Did you ever purchase a muffler ?

Comment

Yes I did I ended up buying the Eisenmann sport muffler. Here’s a video compared to my oem setup:

This Video is a sound comparison between the oem e46 m3 exhaust system with standard muffler and the Eisenmann sport muffler. In both clips, the section 1 pa...

Comment

Working...
                    X