Bavsound Speaker install Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavsound Speaker install Questions

I recently installed the Bavsound audio kit into my e46 m3. However, it only came with the speakers, not the install kit I’ve seen on other install videos. Also, for the rear deck it doesn’t appear it uses the cups to sit in like the stock speakers did. My question is, does anyone know the part # for the screws that hold down the speaker itself as well as the speaker covers in the rear deck? The body shop who did other work on my car appears to have lost all of those screws which I need to seat the new speakers as well as the stock speaker covers. Thank you in advance

Originally posted by F2468c View Post
    I recently installed the Bavsound audio kit into my e46 m3. However, it only came with the speakers, not the install kit I’ve seen on other install videos. Also, for the rear deck it doesn’t appear it uses the cups to sit in like the stock speakers did. My question is, does anyone know the part # for the screws that hold down the speaker itself as well as the speaker covers in the rear deck? The body shop who did other work on my car appears to have lost all of those screws which I need to seat the new speakers as well as the stock speaker covers. Thank you in advance

Comment

I bought the Hi-Fi option and it didn't come with a kit, just some E6000 glue if I recall.
      /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Thank you for the info! I saw 2 videos where it used to come with an install kit that had the tool for pulling off the door panels without breaking the clips

Comment

Originally posted by F2468c View Post
          Thank you for the info! I saw 2 videos where it used to come with an install kit that had the tool for pulling off the door panels without breaking the clips
          ah, I gotcha. I don’t typically use the tools to pull off panels. I’ve found you can typically wedge a finger in at the corners and they pop off. After your get the torx screws.

You'll probably end up replacing a lot of those plastic clips I think...mine were brittle, mostly original ones.
          Last edited by ugaexploder; 02-29-2024, 07:03 AM.
          /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Working...
          X