Question for those who have CF roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for those who have CF roof

What type of insulation did you use for the roof? I tried ordering the OE stuff, but they only had one side of it...has me thinking I'd rather just use a combo of dynamat and dynaliner? What did some of you guys do?
    /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

fwiw real CSL owners on here have confirmed that there’s no insulation in there despite what realOEM says. I didn’t use any beyond the already substantial slicktop headliner and have no noise complaints.

Comment

Thanks repoman89, I did not know that...I actually received one side of insulation and it doesn't look great so it's promising to know we can go without

Comment

Redish didn't mention any insulation on their install -

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure if I've seen any videos now that I think about it that uses insulation. I just know I'm going to get caught in some rain and don't want it to be like little blue man group symphony going on up there.

Comment

Damn I want a carbon roof. What's the latest on slick top headliner availability to go with a carbon roof?

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
              Damn I want a carbon roof. What's the latest on slick top headliner availability to go with a carbon roof?
              2M Autowerks is going to start making slicktop headliners soon. They're using my OEM headliner to make a mold.
              Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 02-29-2024, 05:59 PM.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

The inventory on a new US version non-sunroof headliner is very low these days. The only color available is beige.

You have to look for a pre-owned headliner other than what I mentioned above. Good luck.
                2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Working...
                X