Header identification help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header identification help

I bought these headers years ago. Couldn't say for sure when, probably 2010-2012. They've been hiding up on top of a cabinet in my shop, honestly forgot about them until cleaning house. I posted about them in the zpost forum, got one reply with some part numbers that don't exactly match these.

Anyone over here know what I have? I doubt they are CSL headers, I think I would have remembered that. I think they are the euro catless version, not even sure if they are specific to M3 or Z4M. Thanks for any help on IDing these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240215_212837.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	256411 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240215_212948.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	256412 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240215_212912.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	256413
    '07 M Coupe - RAC RG63 - AutoSolutions - Bilstein PSS10/B16 - Arqray

Right hand drive standard BMW euro headers

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      Right hand drive standard BMW euro headers
      great. Thanks. Need to work out a descent midpipe and I might go ahead and put these on it. Anyone get them coated, or do people mainly just run them as is? Not real worried about appearance so much as heat management.

Comment

swaintech white lightening as a coating

Comment

Originally posted by 1bluemcm View Post

great. Thanks. Need to work out a descent midpipe and I might go ahead and put these on it. Anyone get them coated, or do people mainly just run them as is? Not real worried about appearance so much as heat management.
          you don’t need a “mid pipe” the US spec cars already have cats in the section 2, you just need to add the 02 sensor bungs for the post cat sensors, done.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

you don’t need a “mid pipe” the US spec cars already have cats in the section 2, you just need to add the 02 sensor bungs for the post cat sensors, done.
            thanks. yeah, I was aware of that. What I meant by that was try to get a mid pipe with more than just the factory cats in it. From what I've seen in the forums over the years, not in person I admit, I don't think I'll be happy with it if I just swap the headers and call it good, from a sound, exhaust tuning perspective. I'd try to fit a resonator in the forward part of the midpipes, but ahead of the cats? I don't think that is a great idea. I have a set of Arqray cans on it and like the sound where it is now with room for a little more volume before it gets to be too much, and zero rasp or drone the way it is. Trying to figure how it may change by swapping the headers is a challenge, but I suspect to keep it really nice I'll want some sort of small resonators in the mid section along with cats to keep the ECU happy.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

Neither US cars nor Euro cars have cats in section 2. US cars have them in the headers, euro cars have them in the section 1. e46m has no secondary cats.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Neither US cars nor Euro cars have cats in section 2. US cars have them in the headers, euro cars have them in the section 1. e46m has no secondary cats.
                Mau is referring to the Z4M.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Mau is referring to the Z4M.
                  Ah 🤦‍♂️

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i
                  2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X