Carbon Fiber driveshaft do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sapote View Post
    I was able to disconnect the stock drive shaft off the guibo without the need to remove it off the Diff by collapsing its length via the splines near the CSB. I guess with the CF shaft, one has to disconnect it off the Diff in order to get it off the guibo - yes?
    When installing the CF shaft, you will need to drop the diff a little bit, it wont collapse enough at the telescoping end.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
      Thanks for the review, one question though. Can you measure the diameter of the CV joint and length of everything with the extensions?

We had a similar style one piece DS in a car and the flange would hit the body at times (even with fresh bushings).

(only pic I have of it, now has a stock style shaft in it)

I had this issue in my EV conversion jag after adding all that torque. It was the subframe rocking on the bushings that allowed the driveshaft to lift upward on torque application.

One would be wise to only install a carbon driveshaft in combination with solid subframe bushings. It would be a real bad day to crack and split a carbon shaft on a launch or hard 1-2 shift.
      ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

I think the CSB went bad and that's all. CF is light and so no need to have CSB.
        Correct oem d.s wasn't broken just the CSB + bushing went bad so decided to go with this beautiful driveshaft shop C/F piece and never having to deal with that annoying vibration in case that oem CSB ever fails again....took It out for another spin today and just loving that instant acceleration

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
          I had this issue in my EV conversion jag after adding all that torque. It was the subframe rocking on the bushings that allowed the driveshaft to lift upward on torque application.
          Agreed, I just figured someone would say the diff bushings were worn out (it has poly subframe bushings too).

With that said this car does make way more power than most S54 cars, so might not ultimately be an issue for most.

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Working...
          X