Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Pump Failed

Hello all:

well as could be predicted at 99,950 miles my water pump failed. As with many folks, I haven’t been driving much, but when I cranked it the other day, I got a high pitched whining sound. Maybe drove 5 miles and dumped coolant and water. Now waiting to get it flatbedded to my mechanic for replacement and coolant system refresh. Could explain why my water temp gauge has been strange the last couple of years so I will replace the thermostat. Anything else I should address while I am down there?

Thanks for listening,
    Patrick

pulleys, tensioners and belts
    2003 AW/BLK 6MT - Instagram

Comment

Nee, better orings. See the classifieds here.

At 100k, I'd just replace everything. Maybe not the rad and expansion tank, but all hoses, tstat, wp, orings wp gasket. Use bmw coolant.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Fan blades and fan clutch
        06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
          Fan blades and fan clutch
          This. PO did the WP 40K ago and didn't do the fan clutch. It was making all sorts of noise so I replaced it right after I bought the car, but it was too late since the worn fan clutch wore out the WP bearing prematurely and blew it. Also inspect the hoses at the clamps for any cracks, if there are any, replace them!

Comment

Let me know if you need a set of Hi-Temp O-rings for the cooling system. Links in my SIG.
            TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
            Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
            Evolve Eventuri
            - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
              Let me know if you need a set of Hi-Temp O-rings for the cooling system. Links in my SIG.
              WOLFN8TR Thanks - are these standard or a recommended improvement?

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post

This. PO did the WP 40K ago and didn't do the fan clutch. It was making all sorts of noise so I replaced it right after I bought the car, but it was too late since the worn fan clutch wore out the WP bearing prematurely and blew it. Also inspect the hoses at the clamps for any cracks, if there are any, replace them!
                Good call guys! I wouldn’t have thought about it. On the list now.

Comment

Working...
                X