• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sapote View Post

Flywheel has no adjustment.
    reset the PP.
    Ok sounds good...

Also, I swapped out the actuator unit. Any tips in how to get the pin into the actuator? The holes don't seem to line up 100%, and I cant turn it anymore... smh.
    Last edited by x Spades x; 04-24-2024, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Hey there, I’m dealing with an error 59 right now as all. Wondering if this was resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Ok sounds good...

Also, I swapped out the actuator unit. Any tips in how to get the pin into the actuator? The holes don't seem to line up 100%, and I cant turn it anymore... smh.
        I'm also having the same 5th gear lockout during the bleeding process, and pretty much did most of everything you've done to try to fix the issue. Only thing I haven't replaced is the actuator and GPS. I'm thinking I might have damaged the actuator rod when I was trying to remove the actuator to gain clearance to get to the springs for replacement. I used a bit of force to try to move it with the transmission still attached to the motor, but ended up dropping the tranny anyways. All gears shift fine (inpa and insta) except for 5th and sometimes 6th gear. Hoping to hear what the culprit ended up being for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3RIC View Post
          Hey there, I’m dealing with an error 59 right now as all. Wondering if this was resolved?
          Originally posted by M3Bri54 View Post

I'm also having the same 5th gear lockout during the bleeding process, and pretty much did most of everything you've done to try to fix the issue. Only thing I haven't replaced is the actuator and GPS. I'm thinking I might have damaged the actuator rod when I was trying to remove the actuator to gain clearance to get to the springs for replacement. I used a bit of force to try to move it with the transmission still attached to the motor, but ended up dropping the tranny anyways. All gears shift fine (inpa and insta) except for 5th and sometimes 6th gear. Hoping to hear what the culprit ended up being for you.
          You guys both replaced your clutch and pressure plate like OP? M3Bri54 sounds like you didn't, but initially tried to replace springs without dropping only then to drop, correct?

Interesting all these error 59s as of late when the system is disassembled.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

You guys both replaced your clutch and pressure plate like OP? M3Bri54 sounds like you didn't, but initially tried to replace springs without dropping only then to drop, correct?

Interesting all these error 59s as of late when the system is disassembled.

No, I haven’t replaced anything yet. Trying to get a better grasp on what usually causes 59 before I dive in.

The 59 code seems to be commonly related to the clutch slave cylinder and attached sensor. My instinct says to replace that first. However, my car has 123k and to my knowledge the clutch has never been replaced. I’m contemplating doing both clutch and space cylinder.

Question for you, or anyone that’s in the know: is the slave cylinder removed when the clutch is changed?

Reason I ask is I know the cylinder has that one time clip, I don’t want to install a new one, the issue persists then have to pull it again when I do the clutch and deal with the issues of reinstalling a used cylinder. From what I’ve gathered that can be problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3RIC View Post

No, I haven’t replaced anything yet. Trying to get a better grasp on what usually causes 59 before I dive in.

The 59 code seems to be commonly related to the clutch slave cylinder and attached sensor. My instinct says to replace that first. However, my car has 123k and to my knowledge the clutch has never been replaced. I’m contemplating doing both clutch and space cylinder.

Question for you, or anyone that’s in the know: is the slave cylinder removed when the clutch is changed?

Reason I ask is I know the cylinder has that one time clip, I don’t want to install a new one, the issue persists then have to pull it again when I do the clutch and deal with the issues of reinstalling a used cylinder. From what I’ve gathered that can be problematic.
              59 is clutch slave roughly 80-90% of the time. Will need to be removed during clutch job. Installing a second time will require the slave to have hydraulic pressure which can be done.

From sapote (see post below).
              To avoid the old salve cylinder's limp rod issue (sounds familiar?), the goal is to install the slave with the rod pushing the clutch fork. To do that, extend the rod out as far as it can but still stable, and fill with SMG fluid, then plug the fill hole with a threaded plug (screw or anything you can find) so the fluid cannot leak. With the compressed slave rod, install it so the erected rod pushing against the dimple on the fork. Then, slowly remove the threaded plug and connect the SMG pipe to the slave.​​​​​​​

Hi There - Just wondering if any one had some advice for removing and reinstalling the slave cylinder so that it doesn't break, last time i tried removing and uninstalling, it broke and had to buy a new one. Thanks in advanced. Best, irhase46m3
              Last edited by oceansize; Today, 10:25 AM.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
              X