Karbonius Air Box - In Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius Air Box - In Stock

Currently all the "BMW" vendors (Turner, ECS, etc...) have the famous Karbonius CSL Style Intake in stock for those looking to purchase one.

I grabbed one last night and it was shipped this morning. No 6 - 8 week wait. No 6 month wait time. No Pre-order Just a heads up for members of the forum.
    I made this post because I spent weeks searching for a vendor who actually has one in stock, without lead times. Now is a great time if you have extra cash laying around.

I opted for the CSL Style box, simply because the "Race" box comes with that hideous snorkel integrated into the box.

If there are better options, IN STOCK please let it be known
    I will be tackling the CSL MAP CONVERSION install once it has been delivered.
    Attached Files

For the CSL Map conversion, use COVID-19. Easy plug and play, and don't have to take the rail out.

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post
      For the CSL Map conversion, use COVID-19. Easy plug and play, and don't have to take the rail out.
      Just shot him over a PM for more details

Comment

Don't forget you will need to convert your DME to a CSL clone if it isn't an MSS54HP.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
          Don't forget you will need to convert your DME to a CSL clone if it isn't an MSS54HP.
          Correct, already have KP in my bookmarks, will be speaking to them soon

Comment

I just ordered from ECS - thanks for the heads up. Was going the Haimus route but lifetime warranty through ECS is worth the investment.

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post
              I just ordered from ECS - thanks for the heads up. Was going the Haimus route but lifetime warranty through ECS is worth the investment.
              Agreed, I went down the CSL rabbit hole and i'm glad we finally found in stock options ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by M3INABUFU View Post

Agreed, I went down the CSL rabbit hole and i'm glad we finally found in stock options ready to go.
                I was VERY close to ordering a Haimus airbox... but I'm also a wierdo who wanted the weave to go the "original" direction as if I (1) have a CSL, and (2) have a showroom car. MAP conversion should be nice and I will never know if the IAT relocation is worth it on the Haimus.

Comment

Originally posted by davidinnyc View Post

I was VERY close to ordering a Haimus airbox... but I'm also a wierdo who wanted the weave to go the "original" direction as if I (1) have a CSL, and (2) have a showroom car. MAP conversion should be nice and I will never know if the IAT relocation is worth it on the Haimus.
                  yeah Haimus seemed like a great alternative, Evolve also seemed decent, but I wanted to stray FAR away from Turner's Box even though they all "do the same thing".

I've spoke to many people who've had the Air Box installed and the most reputable say go for CSL/MAP/CONVERSION
                  vs. the Alpha-N, but obviously many have succeeded using the Alpha-N route. At the end of the day, it's cool to have so many different options

but finding one perfect for your situation (money, location) could definitely hinder one's progress.

Comment

Saw a post a while back from Karbonius showing they were making another mold for the CSL airbox to address production backlogs so maybe this is them getting on top of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
                    Build Thread:
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

I bought my Karbonius from ECS Tuning on January 20th, the price was actually less than ordering from Karbonius Direct and although my name won't be printed on the COA, it still comes with the certificate blank when ordering from a wholesaler. I paid $1795 + tax.

A week or two later, the IND news dropped that they were going to be the sole North American supplier for Karbonius products, I re-checked ECS and the price skyrocketed to $2350. I wonder if the items in stock, price jump are all directly related to IND having rights for Karbonius in North America.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X