No announcement yet.

CMP engineering contact info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brace goes on top of his other products. The top side beam and extensions are the main pieces. I wonder why you'd bother with the brace. Just more rigidity I guess.

I added simply a rear strut bar (I only have plates/bushings), and noticed an increase stiffness for sure.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Lets get those subframe bushings back in stock!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
      2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Is this a replacement/alternative to the original design, or an addition? Seems like it's no longer transferring the load into the frame rails, but instead to the shock towers...
        As Tbone said, it's an addition to the other two reinforcement kits. They link the RACP to the frame rails, this then ties the shock towers into equation to triangular the lot for added rigidity.

He's also correct in that it's simply for chassis rigidity although, does technically reinforce the mounts further.

I personally removed it from my car as it's just a dedicated daily now and it was so rigid that it would aggressively see-saw when going in and out of the basement carpark in my apartment building. Felt bad for the diff.

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
        Lets get those subframe bushings back in stock!
        I'm doing the best I can!

I've got a lot of parts on order and COVID isn't making things easier.

I should have a solid ETA today.

Comment

Working...
        X