No announcement yet.

Question about Coupe Seat Height and Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So setting Cobras on power sliders will sit up about 1/2" higher than with manual sliders?

Dang, for some reason I thought it was the other way around as currently I sit on a folded towel so I can see like I did with OEM, stock seats/powered sliders.

I already stuffed the Nogaro seat with foam matting and it wont take anymore. I need a *bit* more height and if power sliders can sit the seat up ~1/2" then problem sloved, I don't even care about the weight penalty.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Depends on how you sit. I'm 6 3 (a bit more legs) and I ran stock power seats with sunroof/liner for a long time on track. I had to get used to just reclining the seat a bit more than I like, to fit. Going over crests still sucked.

Decide the route you want to go and for what purpose. Swapping seat/rails is a route, getting rid of sunroof/liner is a route. Do you need to pursue both routes, likely no, but depends what results you are after.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
        Depends on how you sit. I'm 6 3 (a bit more legs) and I ran stock power seats with sunroof/liner for a long time on track. I had to get used to just reclining the seat a bit more than I like, to fit. Going over crests still sucked.

Decide the route you want to go and for what purpose. Swapping seat/rails is a route, getting rid of sunroof/liner is a route. Do you need to pursue both routes, likely no, but depends what results you are after.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
        I need my seat to sit up a bit higher, going from OEM power seats>Cobra Nogaros on factory manual sliders I sit a bit too low for my liking.

Just need to find a way to bump the seat up ~1/4" as right now I sit on a folded towel.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Working...
        X