No announcement yet.

Mile End Composite carbon fiber cabin filter housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep us posted after trying the gold foil to see the before and after temps, I'm also curious.

Question, would you break up all three parts in terms of pricing or are all three needed to mate to each other? I unfortunately purchased a Karbonius filter cover so it's a redundancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Yeah, I hope it work well cause seems the lightest option
      Cork core should be a negligible weigh increase if the gold foil doesn't do too well. But definitely easier to just slap the foil on vs tweak the manufacturing process to work well with the cork.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
        Keep us posted after trying the gold foil to see the before and after temps, I'm also curious.

Question, would you break up all three parts in terms of pricing or are all three needed to mate to each other? I unfortunately purchased a Karbonius filter cover so it's a redundancy.
        Yes possible. And selling cover only will also be possible
        2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
        2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
        2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Looks awesome. I wish there were some cheaper ways to drop weight from the front end lol. But really a grand isn't bad for a nice piece of carbon fiber.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
            Looks awesome. I wish there were some cheaper ways to drop weight from the front end lol. But really a grand isn't bad for a nice piece of carbon fiber.
            3 pieces of carbon

Comment

You drop more weight by having less. Throw away the AC, the power steering, all the loom, etc. And the best part is if you sell it you'll make money while dropping weight!

Comment

The ass kicker is making the mold…even worse when it’s 3 pieces. I could probably made my hood mold in a fraction of the time than what the time it took to make those 3 molds.

Comment

Peel and stick zotek closed cell foam would be another highly effective way to reduce temps without having to change your laminate. Pretty sure It’s the lightest thing by volume I’ve ever held in my hand, very effective insulation. They also have a reflective coating version which is more expensive that could be adhered on the engine bay side if you really want to kill the problem.

It’s lighter and more effective than cork as a non-ablative insulator, and cork is not heavy or a bad insulator.
                  Last edited by Bry5on; 04-13-2024, 07:58 AM.
                  ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by simonnim View Post

You drop more weight by having less. Throw away the AC, the power steering, all the loom, etc. And the best part is if you sell it you'll make money while dropping weight!
                    CF cabin filter housing, CF front bumper, …, will remove weight on street car without having to remove AC and other stuff you want on a street car.

On a dedicated track car/race car, no need for cabin filter housing nor HVAC unit. You can have other lighter options to defog windshield during rainy days. But removing power steering? Never cross my mind on the 5-6 previous race car I built.

Comment

CF cabin filter housing, CF front bumper, …, will remove weight on street car without having to remove AC and other stuff you want on a street car.

On a dedicated track car/race car, no need for cabin filter housing nor HVAC unit. You can have other lighter options to defog windshield during rainy days. But removing power steering? Never cross my mind on the 5-6 previous race car I built.
                      They've been removed on front drive cars to decrease torque steer.
                      Last edited by simonnim; 04-13-2024, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I've tried removing the PS and haven't found a good solution.

Comment

Working...
                        X