Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Is 'Front Seat Panel With Net (for Sport Seat)' no longer available??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Is 'Front Seat Panel With Net (for Sport Seat)' no longer available??

Hello!

I'm looking for the following part.
    If anyone knows where it's still in stock, please let me know.
    It's mentioned as NO LONGER AVAILABLE​ on the websites I usually shop from, ECS Tuning and FCP Euro."

* part name : Front Seat Panel With Net
    * part number : 52108235907
    * Rear panel for front sport seats, black in color
    * Link for reference : https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ch/52108235907

Thanks for your time and consideration.​
    Last edited by HoDoo; 04-16-2024, 01:23 PM.

I just scooped up x2 a few months ago. eBay is probably your friend here unless you need brand new...

Comment

Advorsor

Thank you for your response.
      I also searched on eBay, but they only seem to be selling the seat back panel for the convertible.
      The convertible seat is a different shape, so it doesn't fit.
      It's disappointing, but I'll have to wait a little longer for items to appear on eBay.​

Comment

Advorsor

Oh! I've searched through the entire page, why didn't I notice this??!! Thank you for finding it for me.

I'm still looking for a product without scratches, but thanks to you, there's hope!​

Comment

I found out some weeks ago while restoring my own M3 seat back panels that the E63 6 series seat back panels are exactly the same as the ones found in E46 sport and M3 seats. I was able to find one for you in a similar, if not same, color on eBay here

Comment

kylen.m3

Oh! they do look very very similar.
            The material wrapping the panels seems a bit closer to leather, but the shape appears to be identical.

Thanks so much for providing the information!

So, did you end up replacing the seat panels with those from the E63 coupe?​

Comment

HoDoo

I didn't replace it with an E63 panel. I only needed the panel for the clips as I was missing some. So I swapped them from the E63 panel to mine. I didn't care about condition so long as it had that hardware lol

Comment

kylen.m3

Oh, I see.

From what I saw in the photos, the shape of the panel, the position of the clips, and the clip shapes all look (exactly) same as e46 m3 seats.
                But I was curious if the panel fits perfectly when actually installed.
                I just wanted to make sure before making the purchase.

Thanks for your response!😃

Comment

If you go this route, HoDoo, please let us know how it works. Curious. Thanks.

Comment

HoDoo I guarantee they are exactly the same. I was able to stack one on top of the other perfectly. Pics for reference:

Left is my E46 seat back panel and the E63 one is on the right

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3589.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	261843

Stacked on top of each other

Name:	IMG_3591.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	261844

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	261845

Comment

kylen.m3

Wow... these pictures are evidence that the two rear panels are perfectly same!
                      I'm really happy and grateful to have learned this new information thanks to you.

I'll make a purchase and try fitting them once.
                      I'll write a review afterward.

Thank you so much for providing the photos and explaining everything so kindly!😊

bagger

I'll be sure to write a review.😀
                      Last edited by HoDoo; 04-18-2024, 10:32 PM.

Comment

HoDoo

Glad I could be of help!

I hope this helps others on this forum with a similar predicament. With more and more parts becoming NLA, the quest to find reasonably priced, OEM alternatives becomes harder haha. I almost feel like a thread should be made with OEM alternatives to NLA parts if there isn't one already. I think that would alleviate headaches for some people here lol

For anyone else that may read this, below are the part numbers for the E63 6 Series Seat Back panel. Again, these are compatible alternatives to E46 Sport/M3 seat back panels.

Name:	image.png
Views:	58
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	261858

Name:	image.png
Views:	58
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	261859
                        Last edited by kylen.m3; 04-19-2024, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X