Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you buy the fabric for a DIY alcantara wheel re-wrap

Hello,

I'm looking for something of good quality. Money no object, this is relatively cheap anyway and I want to avoid being disappointed and having to do it again.

This website sells it for a higher price than other places, so it makes me think it might be a good quality, but it could also be just expensive 😁

To folks who have done the DIY before, where did you get the fabric and what's your feedback?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	215
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	262035

If just diy, Loncky sells a kit, like $70. It's definitely not OE, but it's a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
      If just diy, Loncky sells a kit, like $70. It's definitely not OE, but it's a solution

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think I'm going to eventually sell steering wheel rewrap kits made from OEM leather, granted if there is interest. I spent a heinous amount of hours finding and sourcing OEM leather from the manufacturer, and I believe they also sell the leather that was used for the wheel, just need to compare my samples to a low mileage, good condition wheel.

Exhibit A
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	175
Size:	447.4 KB
ID:	262174
      Attached Files

Comment

I'd be interested. Currently, I'm looking for Alcantara to refurbish the ZCP steering wheel. But I could buy leather for my other non-ZCP M3.

Comment

Relicate works with the automotive, marine, aviation & motorcycle industries. We supply custom made & in-stock leather hides, Alcantara, Carpet, Serafil Thread and Sewing Needles.

The only place that carries 100% real Alcantara in US.
          BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

That's a useful site! What are these other web sites selling (if it's not really Alcantara)? ex https://diysteeringwheel.com/collect...42510488010990
            Last edited by E46m3zcp; 04-23-2024, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E46m3zcp View Post
              I'd be interested. Currently, I'm looking for Alcantara to refurbish the ZCP steering wheel. But I could buy leather for my other non-ZCP M3.
              I can beat Relicate's price, depending on which Alcantara you want. Feel free to PM if you want!

Relicate is just selling Alcantara from a US distributor and is up charging, I can get it for you with no markup.
              Last edited by Stilt; 04-24-2024, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

I can beat Relicate's price, depending on which Alcantara you want. Feel free to PM if you want!

Relicate is just selling Alcantara from a US distributor and is up charging, I can get it for you with no markup.
                What a guy!

Comment

Well I had my whole steering wheel done custom in Germany a while ago. But if you’re just looking for an Alcantara steering wheel kit maybe Coby Wheel can sell you one. They specialize in Alcantara steering wheel rewraps so he might offer the wheel kit he makes to do them by itself to DIY.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Amazon. I believe it’s called mewant. Everything is precut and comes with the thread for stitching. Fitment was great as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X