Tips for re-installing the C-pillar trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for re-installing the C-pillar trim

I removed both C-pillar trim panels so that I could get them reupholstered and now I'm struggling to fit them back. Does anyone have any tips/tricks with getting these back on? There isn't much room to work with especially getting the hofmeister kink part to fit inside. I also did not want to flex it too much for fear that some of the plastic clips might break. The only videos I found helped with removal but none showed a proper way to fit them back. Any help is appreciated.

I did this a few years back and I thought it was very easy. You should be able to just line it up and pop it in. I think I put the bottoms in first. Keep trying you can do it . Make sure it’s aligned correctly and nothing is in the way.

Comment

Do it when it's hot outside. Plastic will bend more and won't break as easy.

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll try it again and also when it's hot outside. Maybe I was being too careful to not break any tabs etc

Comment

Bottom slots into the rear deck, top should line up with virtually zero effort. Hopefully the reupholstery didn’t add too much thickness...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Working...
          X