Window Switch will not go up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Switch will not go up

On my coupe, the drivers door window will not go up only down.

Took it apart and nothing obvious looks wrong.

Is there something I should try before buying another one?

Using the key in the door and holding it to look, will make the window fully close

Most likely this is a bad window regulator, they like to fail in the e46 all the time. BMW part number 51338229105 (left) 51338229106 (right). You can grab it on fcpeuro/ecs whatever.
    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
      Most likely this is a bad window regulator
      The regulator seems to work as he lifted it up using the key in the door barrel to activate the window close signal. So I think the console switch up position is bad.

Comment

Can you use the convertible switch on the coupe? It would be nice to have one button to open all the windows

Comment

Originally posted by dog2bert View Post
          Can you use the convertible switch on the coupe? It would be nice to have one button to open all the windows
          I looked into this a while ago, you need to run 2 extra wires to the GM5, and enable the feature in coding, after that the convertible switch will work.
          E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
          E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
          E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

The regulator seems to work as he lifted it up using the key in the door barrel to activate the window close signal. So I think the console switch up position is bad.
            Ahhh okay, that makes sense. Thankfully it's easy to swap in another one from another car to test.
            E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
            Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Did you take apart the switch or the door panel? Oftentimes it's the rubber pad (don't know the technical name for it) that transfers the rocker switch movement to activate the electric switch.

Jump to 2:42:

Comment

Working...
              X