bmwfnatic I see why the cavity wax is necessary as the welding cooks the paint on the other side. This is what I assume it looks like on the inside. It's not bare metal at least.
🔹 2001 M3 Laguna Seca Blue
Instagram:link
Build thread:link
I'm thinking the holes have something more to do with manufacturing, but i could be wrong.
Makes me wonder about the holes that have plugs all around the chassis floor.
The car goes into a bath, a cathodic coating. The plugged holes are for that solution to drain out after coating, and when the coating is dry they get plugged up.
FWIW I like to add a little weld at the base of each stud when doing those. But yeah odd that the drain holes are "missing". Work looks great.
Do you have a picture of the weld(s) at the base of the studs? I'm planning to perform this on both my cars and curious if you weld and then grind down a bit to flatten the surface.
Comment