No announcement yet.

No Start Issue - Don't know what else to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has spark when I test it with the infinity diagnostics, however I have not checked to see if it is sparking when I crank it. It does smell like fuel when it cranks, so it is getting fuel. As for the motor to chassis ground I was referring to the ground near the exhaust manifold that goes from chassis to the motor mount.

Comment

I've just seen you've uploaded your logs on the AEM forum.

From taking a very quick look, in your 'no spark' session / config, you don't have a valid cam/crank sensor set. Set the sensor back to 'E46 M3' and try the car again.

Also, if your '20' session file is recent, your VE map needs a lot of work, you're hitting the limits of your lambda feedback so you're not even close to hitting your target AFRs.
      Last edited by Martyn; 05-29-2020, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
        I've just seen you've uploaded your logs on the AEM forum.

From taking a very quick look, in your 'no spark' session / config, you don't have a valid cam/crank sensor set. Set the sensor back to 'E46 M3' and try the car again.

Also, if your '20' session file is recent, your VE map needs a lot of work, you're hitting the limits of your lambda feedback so you're not even close to hitting your target AFRs.
        The cam/crank config is normally set to e46 m3, must have happened to be messing with that at the time of the log. Still no start when cam/crank is set to e46 m3. As for the VE being off, the infinity came with a base tune from a car with a similar setup, however not tuned for my car specifically. The tuner suggested getting new injectors prior to tuning and this ordeal began.

I recently tried running a ground from the motor straight to the battery as well as disabling lambda feedback. Still no luck. Also did a compression test as a long shot, which came out fine across all 6.

I am now thinking I could be timing the vanos/cams incorrectly. I believe I have followed all instructions for this precisely, but did not mark the position of everything first. The car also has 288/280 cams, I am not sure if this requires a different procedure from normal cam/vanos timing. I would think that even if I was slightly off, the car would still start and run poorly at the very least.

Comment

Working...
        X