Dakar Yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dakar Yellow

has anyone seen a Dakar Yellow e46 m3 in person. I used to see a yellow e46 m3 here and there driving around my city, but I never caught it was Dakar or Phoenix, either way, both are beautiful colors. I just wanted to hear what people think of it if they see it in person.

I've seen four different ones around the Miami area. Two are for sale right now, and both are really really well kept and clean so they look great.

That said... it's overrated because it's rare. If there were as many Dakars out there as whites, nobody would give a shit about it. To me it looks like a bright yellow car that got left in the sun too long and faded. I would never choose it for myself.

Unless the alternative was Phoenix Yellow. Heh. I'd take it over PY ten times out of ten.

Comment

Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post
      has anyone seen a Dakar Yellow e46 m3 in person. I used to see a yellow e46 m3 here and there driving around my city, but I never caught it was Dakar or Phoenix, either way, both are beautiful colors. I just wanted to hear what people think of it if they see it in person.
      Dakar looks flatter, almost faded. Phoenix yellow is significantly more metallic looking. Also Dakar is more of a typical yellow color (it's actually pretty much the same shade that pops into my mind when I think of the color yellow), Phoenix is greener.

Both are cool to look at, but honestly I don't think I could see myself riding around in a car that's either color.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I own one and my personal preference is that I really like it and chose it over LSB which I also love.

Comment

Originally posted by NaM3 View Post
          I own one and my personal preference is that I really like it and chose it over LSB which I also love.
          Photos? Profile pic looks good

Comment

Don't care for Dakar too much, only on E36 and clean like Texas'. Too easter egg for me.
            PY IRL is amazing. Like the opposite of LSB. LSB gets online hype, looks great in photos, but looks bland and muted IRL *IMO*. PY looks like mustard in most photos, but is brilliant IRL.
            I'll always pick a metallic color over standard for E46 though so I'm biased.
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
              Don't care for Dakar too much, only on E36 and clean like Texas'. Too easter egg for me.
              PY IRL is amazing. Like the opposite of LSB. LSB gets online hype, looks great in photos, but looks bland and muted IRL *IMO*. PY looks like mustard in most photos, but is brilliant IRL.
              Hahaha “too much Easter egg for me.” Best description. Now that I think about it I saw an e36 Dakar and it didn’t look bad it j was very bland. I wonder if the color changes and becomes deeper and not as pastel with a polish.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                Couldn't agree more. There was a LSB at the shop when I had RACP done on my PY. I always drooled at LSB online but was pleasantly surprised how much better my PY looked in person, IMO...

Comment

There's 3 Dakar's in Boston. It's ok. I'm not like wow OMG Dakar. It's more like wow it's not PY this is great.
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

A friend actually has 2 PY convertibles. One has a kiwi interior, manual and almost no miles. He is afraid to drive it. His other has a Black interior and drives it all over. Both cars look nice in person the Kiwi is certainly unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Albertan View Post
                      A friend actually has 2 PY convertibles. One has a kiwi interior, manual and almost no miles. He is afraid to drive it. His other has a Black interior and drives it all over. Both cars look nice in person the Kiwi is certainly unusual.
                      Does your friend live in the UK?
                      '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Dakar on the E36 is a great pick but is a bit washed out and pastel for my tastes. Back when the 46 was new I wasn't a huge PY fan but it has significantly grown on me over the ... past two decades (good lord). Personally, the greatest automotive yellow is Ferrari Giallo Modena aka FLY or Porsche Speed Yellow. I've seen a few F82 M4s with BMW Individual Speed Yellow paint and I have strongly considered swapping my M2 for one.

Comment

Just a quick snap of my Dakar while it's filthy dirty

Comment

I like Dakar on E36 and E9X.doesnt look as good on E46. I like PY on E46 much better. Saw a PY E92 and boy it does NOT go with that car.
                            2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                            2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Does your friend live in the UK?
                              No he lives in High River Alberta. The car with the Kiwi interior was used as a British Columbia lake house transportation and got very few miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X