All-season tire recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Most summer tires come with a warning against exposing the tire to low temps. RS3s and PS4S lose pliability and grip if they see freezing temps in my experience. That is something I have not wanted to repeat so not sure about other tires. But I've seen most 200 utoq tires come with a warning against exposure to extremely low temps.
    Pretty sure this only matters if you drive on them in those temperatures. I don't take mine out below freezing and have suffered no ill effects. Merely storing them has not been an issue.

Comment

Echoing other recs. PSAS4 is great on my X5. DWS is also top-tier.

Comment

MPS AS4s on my X5. It's the only tire I've ever driven where you want to speed up in the rain. Great on ice. Loud after 20k miles. Trying DWS or Vredstein next just to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The answer is always Michelin. Everything else is disappointment.

... except track tires.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

... except track tires.
            That’s why I went PS4S in the end, figured the $ diff wasn’t too much in the grand scheme.

Comment

... except track tires.

Agreed. The PS4S are great tires. Most suprising is the tread life, it's outstanding! My only complaint is you get about 2 years of good grip. The rubber gets harder and then they are no longer very grippy. I know...I sound like a Karen.

The only reason I am thinking of straying from Michelin is I don't put a lot of miles on my car so the tread life with the loss of grip makes the tire less attractive. I've been considering going with a sticky 200 treadwear tire like a RE-71S. Run those two years on the E9X M3 and then thrown them on the track car to finish them off.​

Comment

... except track tires.
                This.

If you don't have snow requirements, the PS4S worked very well in heavy monsoon rain, and tolerated the colder winter mornings (40ish F)

They were quiet on the highways, and had fantastic grip for a street tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X