Asami Engineering Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asami Engineering Filters

Just came across Asami Engineering on Instagram. Claims to be engineered oil filters. Made in Japan.

Anyone tried there? Any thoughts?

Fyi, I am in not affiliated or anything, just wanted to know if these are really what they claim to be.

エンジン性能が大きく向上し、洗浄式ゆえに交換不要である、超高級オイルフィルターです!航空機スペックのフィルターメッシュの採用により、濾過性能を維持したままオイルの通過抵抗を劇的に低減する、新世代のチューニングアイテムです。● 車両本体に加工の要らない、最も手軽かつ効果的なエンジンチューニングです!● 発進加速性能、レスポンスが大きく向上します!● パワー、トルクで約5%、燃費で約8%以上の向上が見込めます!● 油温の低下、油圧の安定に大変有効です!● 高G下の走行時における油圧確保、エンジンブロー防止に!● パーツクリーナーで繰り返し洗えて、半永久的に使用可能!● 交換用ゴムパッキンも別売中で、継続使用も安心!※ご注文前に必ずご質問にて車台番号による適合確認をお願いいたします。確認無きご注文については返品、交換の対象外となりますのでご注意ください。※適合車種はオイルフィルター取付部が無改造の車両に限ります。予めご了承くださいませ。
    Attached Files

I've seen these filters for sale on fleabay and wondered as well. Below is a good video that kinda confirms my own thoughts on what's important to me. It does seem like the benefit for metal filters is that there is better flow and also it's reusable, but its filtration properties are not the best. I think there probably is a minimal gain in performance if any, so I think I would want the filtration properties to be the most important here for me. Let me know what you think after watching the video.

Anything smaller than 10 microns can swim between piston and cylinder, grinding away at your engine. It's worth sweating the small fish. But which oil filter...

/// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
      I've seen these filters for sale on fleabay and wondered as well. Below is a good video that kinda confirms my own thoughts on what's important to me. It does seem like the benefit for metal filters is that there is better flow and also it's reusable, but its filtration properties are not the best. I think there probably is a minimal gain in performance if any, so I think I would want the filtration properties to be the most important here for me. Let me know what you think after watching the video.

Anything smaller than 10 microns can swim between piston and cylinder, grinding away at your engine. It's worth sweating the small fish. But which oil filter...

Yeah the video I saw was about higher flow and reusability. Which kinda concerns me. I'll give the video a watch. I just thought it was interesting.

Comment

So the oil filter increases hp ?

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          That's where all the horses sleep

Comment

Stick to the paper style filters LOL

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
              Yes, apparently the metal due to the laser cut grid allows more flow but doesn't filter out as many PPM's as paper. Enjoy potential HP gains until your bores get scored with bits of metal and eventually ends up as a paperweight. Moral of the story, buy paper filters.

Comment

It doesn’t even take 10hp to run an oil pump so the 10hp gains are total BS

Comment

JDM lies.
                  2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                  2005 BMW ///M3
                  Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                  2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                  2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                  2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

If you want a 10HP gain, just switch to ///M logo valve stem caps.

Last edited by Estoril; 07-11-2024, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X