OEM Nappa Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
    Found the listing for the seat covers. I strongly suspect someone swapped to imola, and these were the used originals. Maybe still worth it at the price if someone is working with a torn up seat, but I don't think they are new.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autres-piece...new/1501940456
    Yeah, those look way too shiny to be new.

Comment

Originally posted by Titaniu//M View Post
      Found the listing for the seat covers. I strongly suspect someone swapped to imola, and these were the used originals. Maybe still worth it at the price if someone is working with a torn up seat, but I don't think they are new.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-autres-piece...new/1501940456
      That's what happens to leather over time. It's been in a bag for 20 years, and dries out in whatever shape its folded up. That's why there are creases. Needs to be stretched, steamed, and conditioned.

Comment

Originally posted by pnvhome View Post
        Two years ago i ordered new leather N5SW on two front seats from official dealer
        Click image for larger version

Name:	6f737404k389-960.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	27856
        first
        second... I picked up a set of black seats 2 years ago from a local racer who stripped his m3 before braking them in, they have about 10k on them or less and look almost like these new ones. they are sitting in my basement collecting dust lol

Comment

Originally posted by jvit27 View Post

That's what happens to leather over time. It's been in a bag for 20 years, and dries out in whatever shape its folded up. That's why there are creases. Needs to be stretched, steamed, and conditioned.
          Why would they be in a bag for 20 years?

Comment

Originally posted by pawelgawel View Post

first
            second... I picked up a set of black seats 2 years ago from a local racer who stripped his m3 before braking them in, they have about 10k on them or less and look almost like these new ones. they are sitting in my basement collecting dust lol
            Sell those to meeeeeeee. Better yet just give them to me.

Comment

Originally posted by James31 View Post

What was the price for those?
              About 7-8k €, because every detail cost about 900-1000€, and we need to order not only leather , but internal material too

Comment

Hoping Obioban could chime in with where he got the hides for his Cobra seats. I had my old black interior redyed by a local "leather restoration company" and couldn't wait to get rid of them. Now I have a used Cinnamon set but the drivers seat could really use a resto, the Leatherique treatment didn't quite do the trick.

I'm itching to splurge on a Cobra Nogaro or try to import a Pole Position ABE, but I only want to do the driver seat in order to maintain rear seat access on the passenger side. If anyone is looking to get a couple of hides, I'd be happy to chip in for a seat's worth of material or more.

Mods:
                Karbonius CSL Airbox with OEM Flap and Kassel DME
                OEM Euro Headers, Dinan Section 3
                BMW Motorsport 4.10 R&P w/ rebuilt E39 M5 LSD
                CMP Stage 2 RACP reinforcement
                Solid Aluminum Rear Subframe Mounts, Poly RTABs and FCABs
                APEX ARC-8's

Comment

Originally posted by ///M3_MD View Post
                  Hoping Obioban could chime in with where he got the hides for his Cobra seats. I had my old black interior redyed by a local "leather restoration company" and couldn't wait to get rid of them. Now I have a used Cinnamon set but the drivers seat could really use a resto, the Leatherique treatment didn't quite do the trick.

I'm itching to splurge on a Cobra Nogaro or try to import a Pole Position ABE, but I only want to do the driver seat in order to maintain rear seat access on the passenger side. If anyone is looking to get a couple of hides, I'd be happy to chip in for a seat's worth of material or more.
                  Relicate, think it’s mentioned in his seat thread.

Comment

Yep— got my imola leather from relicate.

OE new seat covers are ~$850 per cushion, iirc, so $1700 per seat, $3400 for both. I’d install new foam at the same time, if going that far— so another $400.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by jvit27 View Post

I’ve had leathers sit for a long time and I’ve never had them become shiny at all. Still very matte and the creases wouldn’t show in areas that show in used leather. They would just be in areas where it was folded.

This was used leather.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                        Yep— got my imola leather from relicate.

OE new seat covers are ~$850 per cushion, iirc, so $1700 per seat, $3400 for both. I’d install new foam at the same time, if going that far— so another $400.
                        How much do you need to cover a Cobra Nogaro or Pole position, 1/2 or whole hide?

Mods:
                        Karbonius CSL Airbox with OEM Flap and Kassel DME
                        OEM Euro Headers, Dinan Section 3
                        BMW Motorsport 4.10 R&P w/ rebuilt E39 M5 LSD
                        CMP Stage 2 RACP reinforcement
                        Solid Aluminum Rear Subframe Mounts, Poly RTABs and FCABs
                        APEX ARC-8's

Comment

Working...
                        X