Inflatable Side Bolster Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inflatable Side Bolster Repair

Titaniu//M and I were chatting and talking about how one of our side bolsters doesn’t inflate. For me, it is my driver side seat, closest to the door. Since I figure it could be one 3 failures, I want to be prepared for what I might find (and where in the seat to look). Failure could be: the valves, a bad air line, or a hole in the bag.

I am guessing the most likely would be in a bad air line or a hole in the bag.

Does anyone have photos of the inside of a seat to show where these 3 parts would be? RealOEM isn’t very descriptive. I saw some photos from Buildjournal when they replaced their seat covers but I didn’t see the bolster bags, air lines, or valve body.
    2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Interested in this as well since I have a similar issue with mine. Both my bolsters inflate, but the right one slowly leaks. Some seal or check valve is probably the issue.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

I took my seat apart to change a torn cover earlier this year:

My seat is on the right, and has the bolsters & lumbar. You can see the bolsters are mounted on the frame. All the air lines and valve body are on the seat back - you will see them once the rear plastic is off. You will need to remove the seat cover & foam to access the bolsters. It's easy enough once you start taking it apart. Take note (pictures) of how it fits together, though.

The motors are under the seat and easily accessible once the seat is removed.

Comment

my drivers side bolster doesn't work either, did you ever figure this out Inizes?

neither side will inflate on mine, and I have the seats out right now for leatherique treatment so it's a good time to have a look around. I didn't notices any obviously loose connections or anything.

Comment

for me, the bolsters inflate but on the driver side, they start deflating immediately. and on the passenger side, the deflate function doesnt work- but over a day or so it will lose air anyways. lol
          2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Did you figure out how to fix your 1 side seat bolster bag? Here are some photos of the pump unit and the controller for the inflate and deflate.

Comment

Anyone have any updates to share?

Comment

Working...
              X