OEM plastic water pump impeller VS Geba OEM Metal impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM plastic water pump impeller VS Geba OEM Metal impeller

I remember this has been discussed on the Old forums but my memory doesn't serve me correctly on what the debate was between the plastic impeller VS the metal impeller?
    FCP Euro listed Geba with metal impeller as OEM brand
    Any thoughts on comments?
    Thanks in advance!

They are both good units, it really depends on what you're comfortable with. I rebuilt my engine and had compared both with the OEM plastic and Metal impeller. Based on my observation, the oem plastic impeller had better, more refined fins than the metal so I went with OEM bmw.

Comment

Have the Geba with the metal impeller and it's good. Have had it in the car for 6 years so far, no issue.
      The car is a 3 -season daily (no winter). Here in PA it can get really hot and humid in the summers, where you're sitting in traffic with the AC on, no problem.

Comment

OE flows better.

Composite eventually disintegrates. Metal wears out the bearing faster. Choose your poison.

I’m sticking with OE, but replace it every 100,000 moles— before it has an issue.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
          OE flows better.

Composite eventually disintegrates. Metal wears out the bearing faster. Choose your poison.

I’m sticking with OE, but replace it every 100,000 moles— before it has an issue.
          Rien, Geba, Saleri or Genuine BMW?

Comment

Genuine BMW. None of the other water pumps available are the same.

Comment

Working...
            X