American Racing Headers, Fitment and Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Racing Headers, Fitment and Thoughts

Miss the old forums... And the extensive thread on this topic.

Any first hand experience with them? Yes, they are probably ruthless to install, but worth the trouble? Just looking for more info than "ARH Sucks"

If they’re good enough for a low revs high torque pickup truck engine, how could the exact same design not be good for the s54?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Why provide the ecu with all the o2 information it wants when you could just give it half?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Don’t forgot to mod your intake (not manifold) for the full claimed gains, because everyone (especially ARH) knows the factory intake is a huge restriction point.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Lol
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Lol
            Memorial Day weekend beers in full effect
            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
              If they’re good enough for a low revs high torque pickup truck engine, how could the exact same design not be good for the s54?
              its obvious you dont like ARH, but that makes zero sense

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

its obvious you dont like ARH, but that makes zero sense
                That’s the point...

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

That’s the point...
                  That makes even less sense.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post

That makes even less sense.
                    It was sarcasm. As in, of course they're crap. They took the IDENTICAL design that they use for their pickup truck headers, fitted it for S54 exhaust ports, and called it good. Since different header designs are needed for different powerbands (torque vs revs), they were never going to be a good option.

That was then compounded by not working with the ECU (1 pre cat 02 while the ECU wants 2), and statements from the company that showed how little they understood/cared about the platform (intake comments), and you end up with a product that... never had a chance.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Didn't Hassan just tune a car with these? Maybe he will chime in with another opinion.
                      '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
                      Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                      Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

To my knowledge, BMW never used a 6 to 1 header on any of their NA straight 6 engines. Zee Germans must know a thing or two about developing an exhaust system
                        Last edited by Slideways; 05-24-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

I wouldn’t call them crap. Paul Claude stated they (ARH) only came behind SSV1’s by a couple whp when he tuned cars with them installed.

Comment

I will post my dyno numbers once my new car is finished. I
                            I can't believe how much hate there is with ARH.
                            ARH doesn't suck. There are cars including race cars with ARH headers make more power than other setup. SS V1 was designed a long time ago. ARH came out recently.
                            There are a lot of information that's not posted here; such as dyno results with ARH vs SS V1. The shop and tuner that I use has done many cars.
                            Give me a few more days.
                            2005 IR M3 Slick Top 6speed. Mods - too much to list!
                            18 R8 RWS.
                            19 Vantage
                            15 YMB F80 M3 DCT - gone
                            Other cars too boring to list.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperboost View Post
                              I will post my dyno numbers once my new car is finished. I
                              I can't believe how much hate there is with ARH.
                              ARH doesn't suck. There are cars including race cars with ARH headers make more power than other setup. SS V1 was designed a long time ago. ARH came out recently.
                              There are a lot of information that's not posted here; such as dyno results with ARH vs SS V1. The shop and tuner that I use has done many cars.
                              Give me a few more days.
                              There has never been an apples to apples comparison of the ARH headers properly tuned compared the SS V1. Historically, there was a lot of caveats associated with people's claims to their dyno results.

Your data will be welcome, but be ready for people to throw spears if you don't have all the info to back up your results.
                              2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Working...
                              X