Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuse 43 parasite loss e46 m3

Hi Everyone,

I've been ignoring a long time slow parasitic battery drain with my E46 M3 and finally got around to finding out what it is. It appears fuse number 43 which is part of the instrument cluster is the culprit. We go from .09 to .02 when that fuse is pulled. Any idea on what to do next?

Thanks!!

This is probably not too helpful, but I just solved my parasitic drain last week. It turned out to be my radio (the actual cabin head unit). I saw a current drop when removing fuse 41. Replaced the radio and drain went away.

Try disconnecting the cluster and see if the drain goes away. Looks like fuse 43 is part of the OBD II system as well. Do you have anything connected to the OBD II port? Like a bluetooth adapter or something.
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Bluetooth adapter was my problem in the past

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        This is probably not too helpful, but I just solved my parasitic drain last week. It turned out to be my radio (the actual cabin head unit). I saw a current drop when removing fuse 41. Replaced the radio and drain went away.

Try disconnecting the cluster and see if the drain goes away. Looks like fuse 43 is part of the OBD II system as well. Do you have anything connected to the OBD II port? Like a bluetooth adapter or something.
        Hmm.. I do have my Blue tooth OBD reader.. I'll check tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG View Post

Wouldn't be surprised if that's what it is.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunG View Post

That’s almost certainly the issue.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I went from .09 to .04/3 when I unplugged my OBLINK MX. It dropped to .01 when I plugged fuse 41(radio/nav)

Thanks to everyone who replied!
              Last edited by ShaunG; 05-25-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X