Touch up paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touch up paint

Anyone have a recommendation for ordering touch up paint? Either a stick or spray. Front bumper needs some love (for now) but will most likely be replacing it prior to selling the car. Also have some small chips to fill

Google automotive touch up spray and you will find multiple vendors offering made-to-order aerosol spray cans in whatever color you need (TiAg is paint code 354). You could also look for a local paint store near you. They'll usually mix it on the spot while you wait. Either way should run you $20-30.
    IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
    A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
    Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
    Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
    Touring S62 6MT
    Alpine White / Black E90 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the help. I'll see what i can find track down. ECS has some paint sticks for about $30.

Comment

I used Dr Color Chip and it was great. But it looks like your clear coat is failing, so I do not think it would work in this application.
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
          I used Dr Color Chip and it was great. But it looks like your clear coat is failing, so I do not think it would work in this application.
          yeah, i think previous owner tried to repaint the bumper but it didn't go very well. Rest of the car is mint though. I will ultimately replace the bumper but for now, just try to clean it up.

Comment

I like these guys: https://www.automotivetouchup.com

Comment

I've used Dr Color Chip and Touchup Direct and found both to be great

Comment

Oe from bmw. Found on ECS

Comment

I have used three:
                  dr color chip was a waste of money compared to the others
                  automotive touch up was decent but hard to get right and the paint can had a very poor sprayer.
                  touch up direct was the best match in terms of color, metallic and flake size for my steel grey. Ymmv but I have seen and used touch up direct a few times and it has been excellent.

Comment

+1 for automotivetouchup.com

Although worth mentioning I did place an order recently and it's taken like 3 weeks to ship.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                    2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Automotivetouchup was great for my tiag. Painted and cleared my door handles with their aerosol base/clear and used their paint stick for chips. However, for that front bumper I would pay the 300 to 600 for a shop to simply strip and repaint as it looks as though you have clear coat separation over a fairly large area.

If you know what you are doing where paint is concerned ignore the rest of my comments.

You will have to sand and strip down to primer and if you have never spot blended it is much tougher, to get right (any monkey can butcher it), than you think. You will more than likely botch the first attempt and be in worse shape than you started, hence you will do it multiple times and that costs money. Not only that but plastic front bumpers are more particular than body panels.

Looks easy in this video but it isn't (I worked in a body shop for almost 10 years).

Blending touchup paint so it disappears on your vehicle’s flat surfaces are fairly simple, but what about the compound curves found around bumpers, rooflines...
                      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Ive used automotivetouchup.com for everything in the past. They are really good but big delays right now. You may have luck finding a local auto body supply store. I just ordered a aerosol from my local store to pick up and its cheaper than going online because of shipping. My local store is a Wesco but there are other ones.
                        2002 M3 LSB/Kiwi Vert
                        2014 X5 50i
                        2019 Ford Raptor

Comment

Working...
                        X